Monday, April 25, 2016

WEEK 22!!! FIRST EXCHANGES AS HERMANA TRAINING LEADERS!!! FAITH AND FASTING=MIRACLES!!!

 ​Exchanges!!! Far left is Hermana Perry who was my comp.



Meagan Martineau


Mom, I still don't know my address... At my last 2 apartment complexes it said outside the complex in big letters the address of the place so then I could just tack on my apartment number, but here in Arvin it doesn't have it and I don't really know what to do to find out because there isn't really time during the day for us to talk to anyone about that. Also, I am so sorry I still haven't gotten a letter. I started writing it last Monday so I will try to finish it this Monday and send it... There isn't a "rule" that you "can't write during lunch, after nightly planning, or whatever" but it does say that Monday is for writing to your family... And I want to be as obedient as possible so I have decided to only write on Mondays... It's really hard though. I will sacrifice time from district activity if I need to though :) Because I know the letters mean a lot to you :)

To answer your question: So the weather has been a little back and forth. Some days it's really hot in the 90's and others it's fairly cool in the 70's. We had a huge wind storm the other day and last night there was a lot of lightning in Bakersfield. But other than that it's been pretty normal :)
And I have no idea what is going to happen on Mother's Day. I didn't even know when it was. I will get some information on that and tell you next week. And it will be a skype or facetime, whichever is better for you :) And zone conference was AWESOME!! The spirit is always so strong and I learn a lot!! And they didn't spray our apartment... So we just keep killing the cucarachas as we find them :)

So this week we had our first exchanges as Hermana Training Leaders, being in charge!! It was really scary and we were both really nervous for it but it actually went really well!! It was with Hermanas Williamson and Perry. I went with Hermana Perry. This is her second transfer, so she is one behind me. Hermana White and I are "equal companions" now because we are in leadership so their isn't a "senior companion" so on exchanges I was the senior companion for the first time!! It was really scary but I think I did ok... I didn't break her...I hope :) So we decided to focus the exchange on faith so we invited them to pray before the exchange started for something or someone specific that we would find during the exchange and we did the same. Then when they got to our apartment we talked about what we all felt and we all felt like we would find a family of 3, and specifically we decided that there would be 2 boys and 1 girl, all baptismal age but young and that the mom would be very accepting and the dad would have some sort of struggle or doubt and that we would find them around 4pm and that the whole family would be baptized in May. A BIG trial of faith, right!? Well we headed out and went about our day. Hermana Perry and I found some cool people, but not a family. But when we all met back together at the apartment at the end of the day we talked about what we found and Hermana White and Williamson found a very accepting mom and her son. The mom told them that her husband would have doubts but she wanted to listen learn more and that she has 2 boys and 1 girl!!! And they found them around 4pm!!! How crazy right!? We are SO EXCITED!!!! We stopped by again so I could meet them and we talked to the skeptical husband. We have a return appointment tomorrow!! We are excited and hope the whole family is there and that they really are the dream family we prayed to find!!! So I would say that that first exchange was a success :)

Then yesterday (Sunday) we got to go to the wedding of our investigator Ada Cortez!! She got married so that she can get baptized this week!!! I can't remember if I talked about this before with the confusion with her husband's papers and everything but then we fasted for them and it all worked out so they can get married!! So we got to see their marriage performed by Bishop Mayberry from my last ward in Bakersfield (he's technically still our bishop until we form a branch). It was nice, very simple, short, and straight to the point. She was married at the same time of her aunt who is being taught by the elders who also got married so that she can also get baptized with Ada this week!!! Their baptism is on Sunday!! We are so excited!!!! So many blessings are coming our way!!! The Lord is so good!!!

We are trying our best to be exactly obedient. I am trying to lose myself in the work. It is hard. I thought that losing myself would be easy, but when you've been standing for an hour and half straight just talking to people, it's really hot, your knee and back hurt, you need water, etc. it's really hard to forget yourself. But that's the thing about missionary work. It isn't about us. It isn't for us. It's for the people. We get blessings and learn along the way of course, but we need to focus on other people. I need to focus on other people more than myself. That is something that I am trying to work on. And focusing more on the Lord and being more grateful for all that I have :)

I love you so much!!! You are the best!!! Thank you for everything you do for me and for your examples!!!

Hermana Martineau <3 



 ​Us with Ada and Paloma (Ps Paloma = dove <3 )


​Ada (in the white dress) her new husband, and their family!! Far left is Bianca, Ada's step daughter/our investigator, and the red dress is Roberta and the younger girl in the flowery dress is Paloma. They are both Ada's daughters. Paloma wants to get baptized but Roberta doesn't because she's turning into a rebellious teen. the boy is Ada's step son and the little boy he's holding is Biana (far left)'s son Johnathon :)
Us with Bianca and Roberta :)

They put on a 3 day fair where we go running every morning!! Too bad it's over now so I didn't get to go :( But I ran around all the rides!! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment