Monday, April 4, 2016

WEEK 19!!! TRANSFER WEEK! YUP!!! SHE'S TRANSFERRING AGAIN!!!

Meagan Martineau

1:00 PM (8 hours ago)

Hello Everyone!!!!!!

So Conference was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I LOVED every minute of it!!!!!!! How blessed are we to be able to hear modern day prophets and apostles speak to us what God wants us to hear!? It is such a blessing and miracle!!! (I am really sad about that negative vote from the sustaining on Saturday though... :( I just don't know how anyone could NOT sustain them!) We got to watch all 4 sessions at the church building and our investigator Mario came too!!! He couldn't come on Saturday because of work, but he went to the Priesthood session and both sessions on Sunday!! And he loved them!! He even took some notes!!! He is getting baptized on Sunday, April 10 at 3pm!!!!!!!!!!! We are SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! But I think he is more excited than we are!!! And he is living with a less active family right now. Only the dad is active and the mom is kind of active, but all of the kids are inactive. It's funny too because the oldest son is the one that introduced Mario into the church, and he doesn't even go!!! But we are hoping and praying that Mario getting baptized will influence them and help them see how happy he is and help them to want to come to church again!! 

And Mom, about the letters, I agree that it is a LOT easier to respond than to just send, so when you respond to my last letter I'll write you another one, ok? And we can just go back and forth!! :) Unless I have something special to write about, then I will! :) And I did get the package, and all I can say is....HOLY CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thank you so much for everything Mom and Dad!!!!!! I absolutely love everything!!! I love the clothes and candy and books, and Plan of Salvation things, EVERYTHING!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!! I love you so much!!!!! And thank you for what you said in the email. I really appreciate it :) 

So tomorrow is transfer day. Guess what is happening with me.....
You'll never guess!!!
It's pretty crazy!!!!

....


I'm back with Hermana White!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That NEVER happens!!!!!!!! It's only happened like twice in this mission where a trainee goes back with their trainer, and the 2 times that happened that was 8 months - a year later! But I am going back with my trainer only a transfer later! That is super weird and has never happened before!! So it's really exciting!!! And I am getting transferred...AGAIN!! I am convinced that I will never stay in an area for more than a transfer!! Just kidding, I will probably stay in this next area for a little while based on the email I got from President Wilson this week. So guess where I am going!! ARVIN!!!! I have been wanting to serve in Arvin so I am super excited!! It is a full-on Spanish town. No English speakers there. There aren't English missionaries serving there because they would have nothing to do!! So hopefully my Spanish will improve a lot!! i'm really excited!! _I don't know why it switched to italics but I can't get it off, so ... oh well!! 
Arvin is a part of the La Cresta ward where I have been serving, but they just recently started a "group" there. It's too small to be a branch still, so it's just a "group" that meet in Arvin because the people there don't like driving all the way to Bakersfield to go to church. So President Wilson wants Hermana White and I to help the group become a branch! How cool is that!! I am super excited!! 

But I am really sad that I will be leaving Mario.... I won't get to finish his lessons (but there are only 2 left), but thankfully the Lord blessed me to still be close enough that I can go to the baptism!!! Hermana Pincock said that I could play the piano so I will have reason to be there! ;) 

So there's my report for the week!!!! I love you so much!!!!! Thank you so much for everything!!!! Always remember the Lord in everything you do!!!! 

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


P.S.

Sorry, no time for pictures this week, we have a luncheon appointment, but I will try to send some physical copies because we are going to print this week :)


Note from Mom:
I got the picture off the California Bakersfield Missionary Momma Facebook Page from another parent. Great picture of her District that she has loved. Some are transferring away this week. Time for new, great memories! 

No comments:

Post a Comment