Monday, September 19, 2016

WEEK 43!!! WE'RE STAYING IN ARVIN!!! THE BUILDING WAS FULL!!! FRIDA IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!

ARVIN!!! I'm staying!!!

I LOVE ARVIN!!!!

Our District

Our District Hermanas

Hermana White and I

Look at my tan lines!!!

I'm so proud!

They look even darker in real life!

I've never been this dark!


Meagan Martineau

3:47 PM (4 hours ago)

Dear Everyone,

This was a good week!! So some quick updates on people: Frida passed her baptismal interview yesterday so she is getting baptized this week!!!!!!! :D We are SO excited for her!!!!! Hna White and I are going to buy her a quad of scriptures today (if we can make it over there in time) for her baptism because she always comments on ours and tells us how much she wants one, but she literally has NO money. The poor thing is living with her friend who is very good to her but she is trying to get welfare to get help for her own apartment with one of our less actives members who is her friend as it turns out, then she wants to try to get an after-school job when her friend can babysit her kids. It's hard because her ex stalks her and drives past her friend's house all the time and goes and picks up her daughter from school and won't give her back just to make her upset. It's pretty rough but she sees the blessings of the gospel in her life <3
We have a lady we've taught a few times who is the mom of a referral from an 11 year old member who is actually really cool!!! She told us that she is in this 100% and she wants the end goal to be baptism!!!  Her name is Rosa, she is so cute!!! But we are worried it will be another Frida situation with her boyfriend... But she's awesome!!
Jessy (turns out that's how to spell it) is doing awesome!! He is recognized little by little that he HAS gotten the answer that the church is true, he knows it, he just doesn't know he knows it!! But he really likes church and he reads the Book of Mormon SO much!!!

We had the big meeting with Elder Hamula from the 70 yesterday morning at 8am and the building was FULL!!!! People had to stand in the back because there weren't enough chairs!!! It was so heart warming and the spirit was so strong!! Hopefully him seeing that will help us get an actual church building soon!!! At the end everyone had us take their picture with Elder Hamula, it was so great!! Then Stake Conference was WONDERFUL!!!! We have a GREAT stake!!! I only know the hispanics in the stake but the white people are pretty cool too!! And we found a white lady in Arvin yesterday (those are RARE) and she is fluent in Spanish and 8 other languages who has studied just about every religion and believes the Mormon church is the most correct of all and has been wanting her own Book of Mormon!!! (she's read it before but borrowed it from a library) So that's cool!!! We have been seeing some pretty great miracles!!! And Jessy and Frida were able to go to stake conference in Bakersfield too and they both liked it!!! It was so fun!!!

Now transfers: we are both staying!!!! We figured as much :) But this time around for transfers is different because they don't tell you where you're going or who you'll be with, just if you're staying or leaving! They don't even tell new zone leaders, district leaders, or STLs that they'll be in leadership positions so we don't know what's going on with anyone!! So that's crazy!! But anyways, so we will have 6 companionships (all the hnas) under our stewardship!!! 5 is a TON and they try to avoid making STLs have 5 in the stewardship if at all possible, but now we have 6!!!! YIKES. But it will be good I am glad I still get to learn from the Hnas, so it's good :) 

It has been good, life is good I am so glad I get to be a representative of the Lord for this short period of time :) It's such a cool thing if you really think about it! Nothing is quite like it!! I know I am blessed daily and I am so grateful for that!!! I love my Savior and I know He lives. There is strength in living the gospel. There is strength in the Book of Mormon, I have felt that strength as I have been studying it this last week. I know it's true. This is a gospel of happiness!!
I love you all so much!! Have a great week!!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3


No comments:

Post a Comment