Monday, December 12, 2016

WEEK 55!!! LA TEMPLE WITH THE ARVIN GROUP!!! STAKE CHRISTMAS CONCERT!!! TRANSFERS....READY?!?!?!

Hna White and I <3

Hna Ocampo and Roberta <3

The Arvin Group <3

Familia Navarro <3

Hna Ocampo and her daughter Jazmin, who's getting married on the 28th!!!

Hna Gomez and I <3

Some of the people from church!! Jenny, far left; Elder Hettinger; Evalyn; the bald guy is a non-member that's been coming to our ward and I translated for him in church (his Spanish isn't super good) and he is switching to English ward so he wanted a pic with all of us; Audrey, front middle; Elder Martin back by me :)
(sorry this is a pic when we weren't all ready but it's the only one I have :)

You know you're a missionary when..
(you can't really tell from the lighting but my knees are bruised :) )
#onyourknees

Decorating Jenny's Christmas tree!!


LA temple <3




Meagan Martineau

2:53 PM (5 hours ago)

CASI NAVIDAD!!

I am now just realizing that it's the 12th and there is only one more Pday before Christmas!! We have been talking with the members and trying to get a place to go. It's hard because there are 4 companionships that need a place, but next week for sure I will let you know and I will do it as late as I can!! 

So this week I got to go to the Los Angeles temple with the Arvin group and Hna White!! It was just like old times!! All that went were Ada and her husband (who's not a member) and her 2 daughters Roberta and Paloma!!! Roberta got to go in the temple and do baptisms!!! And la familia Navarro came and Berto got to do baptisms!! And Hno Rodier, Hna Gomez, Hna Ocampo, and Jazmin all came!! It was SO GOOD to see everyone again!! <3 I love those people so much!!! But I really love the Buena Vista ward too!! But anyways, we got to go and watch them do baptisms and look around the visitor's center a bit! There are so many beautiful Christmas trees!! <3 It was so fun to see the baptistry and feel the wonderful Spirit of the temple. What an incredible place to receive divine revelation from our dear Heavenly Father and perform sacred ordinances in behalf of those who have already passed on. <3 What a blessing this gospel is and what joy it brings to my life!!! I gotta say, seeing two recent converts enter into the temple and do baptisms for their ancestors is one of the most incredible miracles I have ever seen in my life. The Spirit was so strong and I just didn't want to leave!! The temple truly is such a special place <3

I also want to say that I am so grateful to everyone that wrote their testimonies for me <3 And thank you Mom and Dad for making that possible for me <3 It has truly meant a lot to me and is one of the greatest presents I ever could have gotten (besides seeing you all and being together <3). I will treasure these precious letters forever. They have truly strengthened my testimony and I have a lot more to read still!! I really appreciate all of it!! <3

This week we did a little more service for that English family cleaning up their yard again. Unfortunately they didn't want to hear about the gospel now, but one day they will :) We also got to help our investigator Jenny (the teenage who is getting baptized on the 31st) and her family set up and decorate their Christmas tree!! That was super fun!! Then we showed them the Christmas video #lighttheworld and the Spirit was very strong. It was such a sweet moment because her whole family was together talking to the missionaries!! Her parents still aren't fans of the church but I think we gained more of their trust :) It's just been hard to teach Jenny because every time we have an appointment her parents take them out of town so we can't... but she still comes to church and everything, so that's good!!
We also got to see Connie's family and had a Noche de Hogar with them, and Norma even came by surprise!! And oh man did Satan work HARD on preventing that lesson from happening between technical difficulties (we were trying to show them the restoration video), no sound, screaming kids, EVERYTHING!! But we finally watched it with hardly no sound so we explained it as it went. Despite all the distractions the Spirit was still strong! But both Connie's mom and Norma had surgeries too this week so they'll need a little recuperation time :)

Then yesterday, Sunday, we got to go to the Stake Christmas concert!! Each ward prepared a song and we all performed last night! It was SO FUN!! We sang "En la Judea". At the end of the concert all the wards came up together and we sang the Hallelujah Chorus from the Messiah!! It was SO MUCH FUN and made me feel like I was in choir again in high school!! It brought back good memories <3 It also reminded me of your Choir concerts which I miss and can't wait to hear again!!

Now transfer news... Ready???
So this week also we had interviews with President Layton and he told me at the end of my interview, "Buckle your seatbelt. This next week is gonna be crazy."
Now I know what he meant.
I am staying in Buena Vista
Hna Zambrano is leaving to La Cresta with Hna Badger
I AM TRAINING
I AM ALSO IN A TRIO
So basically one missionary is new that I am training and there will be a 3rd companion, Hna Latimer! And she will just kinda be around while I train my new companion!! So it will be very interesting!! I am really nervous but super excited though!!

I just want to finish with my testimony to all of you that I KNOW that my Redeemer lives. I know that Christ is my Redeemer and He makes it possible for me and for everyone to be clean from sin. He is the perfect filter. He is the Best Example there ever was and ever will be. I am so grateful for Him and all that He does for us. I can never thank Him enough for His Infinite Atoning Sacrifice <3

I love you all so much!!!
Have a great week!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau 


No comments:

Post a Comment