Monday, January 18, 2016

WEEK SEVEN!!! Second week in California!

Hello everyone!!
Mom, again, I will try to answer your questions but there are time restrictions!! ;)

Yes I got my package and I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Thank you so so much for sending it!!!
My companion's name is Taylar White. I don't know if her mom is on Facebook, but look up Taylar White and look at her friend list and see if it says anything about her mom. And yes we still get along just fine. The Lord has truly blessed me so so much!! Without His help I could NOT do this. He has truly been with me and I have seen Him bless me in my life so much, especially on my mission!!!

That Stake Anniversary looks so fun!! I wish I could have been there, but I'll be there for the 10th anniversary ;) And yay for Hailey, Rhett, David and Zero!!! I am so happy for you all!! Please keep me updated on how everything's going!! And how are Ryan and Nicole?? Let them know that I am thinking of them!! And what have you guys been up to?? (Besides watching football with Stormie ;) ) And Dad, have fun and BE SAFE on your Scout trip!!!
And it was cold a first, but it is starting to warm up now. Now it's kind of like early April whether where it's a bit chilly and the wind blows, but the sun shines and keeps you warm, so I am good with the jacket and coat that I have. 

We went through all of our investigators and visited and had "drop talks" with the ones that aren't really interested. But of course in the process we see and talk to people on the street and gain new investigators that way, so we still have like...60!! We don't know who a lot of them are because we gained Little Rock, remember that from another email, and the Elders that were over Little Rock before were terrible at keeping records of the investigators so we have a bunch of names but no way to contact them, how far along they are, or anything. It has been a mess trying to figure it all out!! But it has been good, I have been busy, which is really good so I focus more!! 
What I meant by the "rollercoaster" from last time is just that it's different than I thought. Like I knew that we were supposed to try to set people with a baptismal date on the first or second lesson, but no. We are supposed to set them with a date when we talk to them in the street or when we knock on their door for the first time!! And it's just crazy with all of our investigators. So our area is Palmdale, but we gained Little Rock too and Little Rock is about 20 minutes away from Palmdale so we can only go there a few times a week and it's hard when someone from Palmdale is only free on Wednesday but we have appointments in Little Rock on Wednesday so we have to wait a whole other week till the next Wed. to see them!! It is crazy!! But we're getting it done!!!

So we have met some really nice, uninterested people, some really nice, interested people, some really rude people, and some really crazy people!!! It is interesting seeing all the kinds of people there are!! We have only a few investigators that seem really really serious. We are working and trying so hard to get them to church, but Satan is working REALLY hard on them. One lady named Sully has 5 kids and she was going to come to church but at 2 am Sunday morning she had to take her 2 year old to the hospital because she stopped breathing, then the next Saturday her car broke so she couldn't go to church... One guy named Juan came to church but never came inside because he was too scared... We have taught him almost every single thing there is to teach him but if he doesn't come to church on Sunday we will have to drop him which is really sad. There are a lot of other people like that. We are doing as good as we can, and that's all we can do. They have to do their part too. I am starting to grow a great love for the people here. Even the people that are rude and walk away and say mean things, my heart hurts for them because I want them to have the gospel in their lives. I never thought I would feel this way, but I do. And I like it :) I feel like I am on the Lord's side and that He is on my side. I love it. I love Him. I love my Savior with all my heart. I have gained such a strong testimony of the Atonement since I have been out and I cannot express how eternally grateful I am to my Brother, Savior, and Friend for what He did for me. 

I love you all so much and I am so grateful that I have you as family. I could not have been blessed with a greater family. I love you so much, with all my heart. I am so grateful for all you do for me!!

Amor siempre,
Hermana Martineau 

-Guarde la fe-

Our cute little investigator's cute little house.

Cute little 50's Mexican Diner.

Gage, this reminds me of Iggy's!!!

I don't know if I'm in America or Mexico.

Thank you Mom and Dad! I love you!!!

​Weird, shiny, rainbow, mini sun thing....(it's on the left) It was so bright I thought it was the sun, until I realized it wasn't.....no idea what it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment