Monday, January 11, 2016

WEEK SIX!!! FIRST WEEK IN CALIFORNIA!!!

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Meagan Martineau" <meagan.martineau@myldsmail.net>
Date: Jan 11, 2016 2:06 PM

Oh my goodness, my heart is so full!! This week has been a true rollercoaster!! Unexpected twists and turns, ups, downs, but overall so much fun!!!!
Mom, I don't have enough time to answer ALL your questions this week but I'll do my best!!
My new companion is Hermana White from Kansas City, Missouri. She is really fun and has been a great trainer. She has been out for 7 months and I am the first person she's trained, but she is doing a great job! We get along just fine :) We have been SO BUSY!!! There is no time for anything because it is just work work work from 630-1015pm pretty much. It is crazy, but so good!! There a LOT of Spanish speakers here!! We run into more people that don't know English than don't know Spanish!! And most of the English speakers speak Spanish too. So we speak a LOT of Spanish!! My Spanish is pretty rough still, but what Pres. Rees promised is coming true: I am able to get my point across, even though it isn't perfect, and for the most part I can understand what they are saying to me! The Lord has definitely blessed me so much, even more than I realize. So funny story: My first area is that area that we went to church at on our way home from Disneyland!!! I am in Palmdale and Little Rock!!! I don't go to that ward we went to because their church is at 11 and the ward I go to their church is at 9, but it is the same church building!! Super funny!! I love it here!!!! It is absolutely wonderful!! There are so many people that recognize that without God and Jesus Christ they can't do anything, and it has been such a testimony builder for me. 
Yes I got your package and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you for sending me boots!!!!! Holy cow it has been a lot colder than I thought it would ever be here!! It feels like Utah when it's snowing, but it's only been in the 40s!! I don't understand it, but it has been FREEZING!! Hna. White's last companion went home and she left a bunch of stuff at the apartment cuz she couldn't fit it and she left a coat and it fits me so...I have a coat!! Thank goodness!! I freeze even with the coat and boots!!! 
So the Elders that were covering Little Rock went home and they gave their area to us. So we have Palmdale and Little Rock!!! We had 30 investigators when I got here and the Little Rock elders had 40, so right now we have 70 investigators!! That is unheard of!!! It is absolute insanity and really crazy and stressful, but it is really fun!! So many people learning the truth!! Granted, not all of them will be baptized. I have come to learn that investigator does not equal baptism, which is really sad, but we are planting the seeds so that when they are ready they will be baptized. It has been so good. 
Oh by the way on Saturday I had the hiccups.....and you know what that means......I had them ALL DAY!!! It was so funny when I was trying to testify to some lady on the street and I am just hiccupping up the wazzoo!!! It was bound to happen. But my companion is cool and she just laughed!! It was funny!!
I have seen the Spirit start to change people already, even though I haven't even taught the same person twice, I have seen people on the street get a twinkle in their eye, a little light in their face when we share the message of the restored gospel. It is cool to see people that try to walk away or shut the door, once you start talking they end up taking a Book of Mormon. It is so cool.The Spirit is so powerful!!
I love you so much and I hope that everything is going well and home. You are all wonderful and thank you for all that you've done for me. Thank you for raising me up in the gospel. I cannot thank my Savior enough for all that He has done for me.
Tell everyone hi for me, Hailey, Rhett, David, Ryan, and Nicole and tell them that I love them and they are in my prayers. I love you so much. Thank you for everything.

Love Siempre, 
Hermana Martineau


Thank you Mom :) I love you :)
PS no I don't have an Ipad so I don't think you have to pay anything for anything :)
Sorry there aren't more pictures, there just hasn't been time for that!!
My address is:
38121 25th street
Apt X 102
Palm Dale, CA


​About 1/4 of this map is my area. it is SO BIG!!!! So many people: So much potential
#baptisms


​Me and Hna White

The ghetto roads from Palmdale to Little Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment