Monday, March 14, 2016

WEEK 16!!! STILL MAKING STARS!!!

14 MARCH 2016

Meagan Martineau

1:42 PM (2 hours ago)

Just to answer some questions first so I don't forget:
1. We let Larry go... He was so cool though!! He slithered (or whatever snails do) all over the jar all the time!! It was awesome!! But we didn't want to be distracted, so we let him go.

2. No we are NOT allowed on facebook and I have not been on facebook, so if it's a new "like" someone might have hacked me again... I have a hacker in Virginia that has hacked my facebook 3 times so I have to keep changing my password..

3. I am SO GLAD you got to go to Elder and Sister Moon's homecoming!! I love them so much and already miss them!!

4. I WANT ZUPAS!!!! :( But that's ok, because Cali is better than Utah (right now for me) anyway!! :p

5. I gave Hermana Rodriguez (my ward mission leader's wife) your phone number so she can call you and set up a time to see you. Warning: They are CRAZY!!! They make a LOT of jokes, so bring Dad with you ;)

6. Diana and Nita responded about my testimony challenge and tell them THANK YOU for me!! :)

7. Tell the Richardson's FELICIDADES!!!!! (congrats!!!!) And I'm sad I will miss the weddings but I EXPECT pictures!!! :)

8. Things with Hermana Pincock.... Well we all had regular interviews with President Wilson on Wednesday and we talked about the problems and he gave me some great tips to bring it up during companionship inventory which we're supposed to do during weekly planning every Thursday. I was all set and prepared to bring it up and I knew what I was going to say (President told me to make it seem like I needed the help, like I am too tired to study in the mornings so ask her for help in exercising in the mornings, and I told her that I was having a hard time feeling the Spirit and that her testimony strengthens mine (which is true) and I asked her if we could specifically connect our personal studies together (meaning we BOTH have to do it) and things like that, and I just acted like I really needed help and she is very kind and willing to help so that was a good way to go about it) but she hasn't done companionship inventory her entire mission!! So what to say wasn't hard, it was getting to do the inventory so I could say it was the problem!! But we did it and made goals together and it was good. And it has been helping a little!! And we have been really improving on companionship study!! And every morning starting Friday we go outside for a walk for 10 minutes, which is better than nothing!! After that 10 minutes she goes back to bed, but still, that's 10 minutes more than she was exercising!! :) language study is the hard thing though... that hasn't improved at all... but I will work with her on that this week... So things are improving little by little!!! YAY!!!

9. So we had to drop Saul and one of the families and all but one of the other... They are really nice families and will always let us in but they are not willing to progress toward baptism which is really sad... One of the guys from one family though is about 28ish named Roberto. He is progressing, reading the Book of Mormon and developing a testimony of it!! It is so exciting!!! :) But he couldn't come to church yesterday :( And we have another investigator who IS getting baptized!!! His name is Mario. He has been involved in a lot of bad things, been arrested, etc. but he wants to change his life and come closer to God. He is currently on probation but he just moved in with a member in our ward and has been coming to church with him, and now we are teaching him!!! He is SO ready for baptism!!! He just bursts and beams with happiness when we teach him!! He even wants his family to learn!! He already has a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon!! He even bore his testimony in church!!! He is getting baptized on April 23 (because he has to get off probation first). He is SO prepared!!! It is exciting!!! :) So those 2 are our golden investigators!! The others are dropped or new and we have to see what happens from here. So ya. The work is a lot slower here for everyone, but we do have Mario as our little ray of sunshine!!! No one will open their doors now because immigration has been going around and knocking on doors, and if they're Mexican, sending them back to Mexico... It has happened to some of our members... It is really sad so it has been hard to find people because no one will answer their doors... But we WILL find the elect!!! :)


So ya, that was pretty much my week!! Oh and yesterday I was asked to bare my testimony in sacrament meeting--yes in Spanish. But I think I did ok.. :) A lot of people told me that my Spanish is really good, but they are probably just being nice :) There are a lot of good people here :) I really like it here. It has its frustrations for sure, but it's good :) It's where I am supposed to be and I wouldn't rather be ANYWHERE else!!! I KNOW the church is true!! I KNOW God lives!! I KNOW my Redeemer lives!!! I love Them with all my heart!! And I love and miss you with all my heart!!! Thank you for everything Mom and Dad!!! I love you!! :)

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


Still making my little stars!! The 2 smallest stars i've ever made!! :)
​My cute new cardigan I got last Monday because I left my jacket at an investigators house and it was raining and I was cold... so I got this to make up for it!! You know how I am with jackets... I always lose them!!! But I always find them!! Don''t worry I got it back!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment