Monday, March 28, 2016

WEEK 18!!! FOUR MONTH MARK!!!

Meagan Martineau

12:50 PM (7 hours ago)

 
Ready for Women's Conference!!!

The pizza Hermano Pinalosa just brought us!! :)

Hello everyone!!!! 

Just to answer some questions before I forget:
We just called the zoo and said we wanted to volunteer!! When Hermana Pincock was here last she did it 3 times! :) It was SO FUN!!! And we are still getting along great! We have never fought or anything!! And things have been getting a lot better in the mornings!! We have BOTH been improving our studies :)
And I LOVE the Rodriguez family!! They are CRAZY but super fun!!! :)

And yay!!! It sounds like the family is doing really well!!! I am so glad!!! I love getting updates like that!!! I want pictures of the play, rocket, tackle box, ...piano students?, and game!!! Preferably with you all in them too!!! And ask David if it's that same game he was working on before with the lizard people that live up north and there are like..7 regions I think, if I remember right? He'll know what I'm talking about :)

Tell Morgan, Tayler, and Rachael, FELICIDADES!!!!! (CONGRATS!!!!!!)

This week was a little slow with the work, but it was still a good week. We dropped literally ALL of our investigators except for 2... And now we only have 3 investigators but they seem pretty serious!! 

Last Monday we had a district activity where we went to a park in Arvin and filled pantyhose with flour, tied a knot in them, and whacked each other with them!! It was so much fun!!! But while we were running around and chasing each other I kinda twisted my knee or something... I'm not sure what happened but it has been hurting pretty bad all week. I've been icing it when we get home at night. Hopefully it will feel better soon, but it's not hindering the work so that's all that matters!! :)

So miracle Thursday: On Thursday last week we received some GREAT NEWS!!!! Our incredible investigator Mario who is SO prepared to be baptized called us and told us that instead of getting off of parole on April 21, he gets off TOMORROW!!! And he asked if he could be baptized sooner!! So we just need to finish teaching his lessons and get him baptized!! It's a little confusing with general conference so his baptism might not be for 2 more weeks, but it's ok! We are so excited for him!! He even got up and bore his testimony at church yesterday and said how he just knows the church is true and how he feels so good in the lessons and at church!!! :) :D
Then later that same day (Thursday) we met with our investigator Reina again. I don't know if you remember but I told you a few weeks ago that she was leaving for El Salvador, and she got home on Tuesday and met with us Thursday. She is still excited for baptism and she even brought her Book of Mormon on her trip and read while she was there!! And her husband sat in on that lesson and we reviewed the first 3 lessons and he understood everything and said that he wants to be baptized too!! The only problem is they both work on Sundays.... But we have a lesson with them tonight and we will talk about getting a few hours off so they can come to church. Wish us luck!! :)

Then we got to go to the Women's Conference Broadcast on Saturday! That was pretty fun!! We invited Reina, but she had to work... But it was still SO GOOD!!! It talked a LOT about service! It makes me want to get out there and dig more holes at the zoo or something ;)
Then Easter Sunday was nice :) VERY different than normal Easters, but it was good :) We had a really crazy, awkward dinner at our bishop's house...We went over and the house was full of family and no one really acknowledged that we were there except his wife. Then before we left she said it was too crazy for us to share a message and walked us out.. So that was a little awkward, but the food was good!! Then it was just a normal day of proselyting! It was just a little sad because, as you know, Easter is my FAVORITE holiday so it was a little hard to be away from you all, but I still had an enjoyable day :) And Mario bore his testimony in church so that was AWESOME!! :)

Oh and I forgot to tell you, this is a 7 week transfer so we have one more week before we know where we will be going next transfer :) I HOPE I stay put!!! :)

---side note: Just barely one of our members Hermano Pinalosa came in, pulled us aside and gave us a PIZZA!!! A whole big pizza!!! All he said was "I figured it was about lunch time!!" How nice is that!? :)

So that's my update!!! I love you all so much!!! Thank you for everything!!! You are the best!!! I love the gospel so much and I LOVE my Savior and Redeemer with ALL my heart and soul!!!! I am SO grateful for this opportunity to serve my Father and my Brother!!! I wouldn't trade it for anything!! I love you all!! Keep the faith!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau :)


My District - before we whacked each other with flour :)

​NINJA!!! I won second :) 
(Darn Elder Wahlquist >:

​I ALMOST got him!!! 

​FLOUR WARS!!!

It's a great day to be happy!! :)

Happy Easter everyone!!!

​HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

​I LOVE this book!!!! I KNOW it's true!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment