Monday, March 28, 2016

WEEK 17!!!

Meagan Martineau

Mar 21 (7 days ago)

HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

I apologize that my emails seem a little all over the place, I'm just trying to respond to my mom's questions and everything first so I don't forget :)

Mom, just an FYI we're not supposed to take pictures while we're proselyting... Hermana White and I took those pictures like during our dinner breaks and on P-days. Hermana Pincock likes to watch Mormon Messages and things like that and/or take a nap during dinner... I try to take pictures but it's hard when most of the day is proselyting time when we're not supposed to.... I want to be obedient!! :)

And I did get the package and letter on the same day and I LOVE THEM!!!! Thank you SO much!!!! :)

Which Morgan is going to Uruguay?? I know like 4 Morgans my age that it could be! :)
YAY LAURA!!!! I am so happy for her!!!! Tell her that the CCM is THE BEST!!!! And she is going to LOVE IT!!!!!! I still miss it at times!!!!

YYYAAAAAAYYYYY DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy for him!!!!!!! I want to know how that went for him!!!!!!!

So I don't have an awful lot to report this week... It was just a week of talking to people, most not wanting to listen, and only few new investigators. We have been doing a little better about talking to more people, but in all honesty I am more afraid of my companion with talking to people, than talking to the person. There are times when I really want to talk to someone and she just is like ".....well........I guess....... if you REALLY want to........." and it's just hard. I have been a little better and talked to some people even when she didn't want to, but I need to get over that fear. I have a LOT to improve. Our mornings have been getting better!! She isn't writing letters during studies anymore and she doesn't fall asleep as often!!! There is improvement and we are doing a lot better!!! And we still get along great!! We have never had problems with that :) I am not the missionary I want to be YET, but I WILL get there!!! I just try to take it one day at a time. I am trying to overcome my fears and be obedient. It is not always easy, but it is ALWAYS worth it!!

So last Monday we had a zone activity where we basically just played on the play set at a park. It was like a tag sort of game where we had to climb a lot. It was REALLY fun!!! Then on Saturday we went to the zoo to do some service!! It was the highlight of ..... the MONTH!!!!! We got there and they sent us to an exhibit and basically we just dug a GIANT hole, about 2-3 feet deep across the entire exhibit so they can lay some wire down so no weeds can grow through, then put all the dirt back. We were only there for 2 hours so we just dug the hole. It was REALLY fun!!! We put the dirt in buckets then when the bucket was full we had to carry it out of the exhibit and dump it in a pile. It was just like carrying buckets of water to the sheep!! It reminded me a lot of the sheep and scooping pens and such :) I also felt like I was at "Camp Greenlake"!!!! ;) It was way fun!!!!! But it was really funny too because everyone kept pointing and talking in Spanish (mainly the men) not realizing that we could understand EVERYTHING THEY SAID!!! It was kind of awkward, but we just laughed after they left!!!

Yesterday we had to drop our investigator Roberto.... I can't remember what I've told you about him, but he was one of our more serious investigators. He didn't come to church AGAIN so we had to drop him. It was really hard because we have had some really good, cool spiritual experiences with him!!! Maybe in 2 weeks or so we can go back and see if he'll come to church :) And Mario is still AMAZING!!! We gave him a challenge to read the entire Book of Mormon before he gets baptized April 23, and when we went back for our appointment 2 days later, he was in Mosiah 27!!!! He told us that he wants to read it twice before he gets baptized!!! He is so awesome!!! That's really our investigator report for now.

Thank you for all you do for me and for your examples!!! I will write a letter this week!!! I love you so much!!!!! Always remember the Lord in ALL you do!!!! Keep being wonderful!!!!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Martineau :)


A txt from Mario our investigator!!


​Me diggin a hole!!! 
People at the zoo: "What's that?"
Us:  "A hole"
People: "What's in it?"
Us:  "Dirt."
Hahahaha!!!!

Me with a cool owl!!!

AHHHH!!!

Hermana Pincock and I!!!

​Giant cactus!!
(Have I told you yet, I've actually eaten cactus at a member's house!!)

​It's a good day to have a good day!!! <3

​I LOVE this book!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment