Thursday, May 12, 2016

WEEK 24!!! TEMPORARY COMPANION MAKES A TRIO!!! GLOWING SMILE!!!




No pictures from the Mission Field this week so you only get Skype pictures! I just love her glowing smile!!!


Meagan Martineau

May 9 (3 days ago)

It was SO GREAT to talk to you yesterday!!!! It was really good to see your happy faces!!! I love you so much!!! I feel like that was a needed push, now just pray that I don't get homesick!! I'm not now, but I don't want to be!!!! :)

My 3rd temporary companion is Hermana Cartwright. She is from Detroit, Michigan, so I don't know that you'll be able to go to her farewell... :( But she is awesome!! We are learning a lot from her!! Especially because she has been an Hermana Training leader as well so she has been able to fill us in on all the other hermanas that will be under our stewardship next transfer and give us tips on how to even be a training leader!! Because we were just sort of throw into all of this :) It's been really good :) We have been thinking about and listing all the ways that Heavenly Father perfectly placed all of this that is happening together. He really is smart and knows what He's doing!!! :)

And that is awesome about Morgan and Linnea!!! Keep me updated on them and Laura and everyone as we go!! It's fun to hear about other missionaries I know :) And that is too bad about David :( He has been in my prayers, but now I know what to pray about so thank you for the update :) I know everything will work out with him! He is a great guy!! A stud!! (tell him I said that ;) ) And I will ABSOLUTELY speak Spanish to you and to everyone I can when I get home!!! :) I don't want to lose it!!

This week has been good!! We got our new companion on Wednesday after our first MLC (missionary leadership conference). They spent the night at our apartment and then we dropped her off at the mission office on Thursday. It is a little weird adjusting to a trio, but it has been going well!! We taught a LOT of lessons and we got our new investigator Martha to come to church yesterday!!! She is a little old lady who is losing her sight and can't read, but she really wants to learn and LOVED church!!! And yesterday was when Ada got confirmed, so we explained to Martha that that's what was happening and she was so excited for Ada!! It was so cute!!! We have high hopes for her and her daughter :)

Everything is going well and I am doing well :) Learning a lot and still have a lot more to learn!! I am so grateful to my Father in Heaven for everything that I have!! And thank you Mom and Dad for everything that you do for me!! You are the best!!! Thank you for teaching me the gospel!! It is truly the greatest gift!!! (well along with agency, our physical bodies, the ability to repent, etc. Isn't Heavenly Father just so great!? Always blessing us!!)

I love you all so much!!!
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment