Monday, May 23, 2016

WEEK 26!!! 6 MONTH MARK!!! Superhero Pop Tarts, Cooler Weather, Lots of Lessons, Baptisms, and "Faith to Reap!!!"

​YAY poptarts!! (and sorry..I was still getting ready so my hair isn't done.. :) )

Super hero poptarts!!! (They were  cheaper than the normal ones!! #score)

When we try to make dinner..... #thisiswhythemembersfeedus #burntgrilledcheese #wewenthungry



Meagan Martineau

2:12 PM (3 hours ago)

Hello Everyone!!! 
To respond quickly to your emails first:
It doesn't matter which address you send it to, whichever you want :) And thank you, you're the best Mom and Dad!!! I love you so much!!!
Yes I realize I hit my 6th month mark on Wednesday! I have no idea how I feel about it. Part of me is thinking "There is NO WAY it's been that long!!!" And part of me is thinking "How in the world am I supposed to do another year of this!?" And another part is thinking "Dang it's already 1/3 over I gotta get to work!!!" I'm hoping to gain more of the first and third attitude and get rid of that second attitude I have about it. This work really is so great and so rewarding in many ways and I feel so blessed to be a part of it!! 
Here it's been a bit cooler this week. The last 2 weeks were pretty hot in the high 90s, low 100s, but this week has been more in the 70-80s which is nice!!! It's crazy though because even when it was 100 degrees outside everyone walks around with hoodies and jeans!! And I'm dying in a skirt!!! It's funny! I don't understand how they don't die of heat stroke!! I'm preparing for the summer. From what I've heard it lasts until October!! O.o
Dad, I am glad that your trip went well and that you came home safe!! And that's exciting to hear about the changes at the church there!! I love hearing about how things and people are at home!!
And I am feeling better. I called the mission doctor last week and she told me to get some mucinex so I did and that helped a lot. I still have a little pressure in my chest, but I'm not stuffy or coughing anymore :) 

So this week was pretty good!!! We taught a LOT of lessons because we have a lot of people that are preparing for baptism!! Our friend Marta Sigala is getting baptized this Saturday, May 28!!! We are so excited for her!! She is definitely one of the elect!! She has been so prepared!! She has accepted everything we taught, never doubted, and has come to church every Sunday!! Today she is having some sort of lasic (however you spell it) surgery on her eyes because she is going blind, but hopefully that will help!! We are seeing her tomorrow to see how everything went :)
Then the next weekend on June 4 we are planning to have a baptism for 2 of Ada's daughters, Roberta and Paloma. We just still need to help them understand the whole "endure to the end" part. Ada too, because some times she thinks it's ok to not go to church if she's really tired.. We have some work to do with them, but it'll work out :)
Then the next weekend on June 11 we are going to have a baptism for our friend Jessie. Remember that family I told you about a few weeks ago, Adriana Moreno how we found her and she is a member and everyone in her family is but her 10 year old son? We FINALLY got them to come to church yesterday!!! It was so exciting!!! They loved it!!! They said the group was a lot different than the building they went to in Idaho but they liked it!! So we have some baptisms lined up! Hopefully it will all work out!!! :)

So this week we found a really cool lady named Ana. It was an absolute MIRACLE how we found her!! We felt prompted to stop the car and talk to a lady walking her dog. She was so cool, until we asked her if she wanted to learn more and she said no. Then we asked her if she knew anyone that could use our message (like we're supposed to) and she said she has a friend who could use it. (PS that almost NEVER happens!!) So she gave us her friend's address and we stopped by. Her friend wasn't home, but there was a little house down a sketchy alley behind the friend's house where we heard some Spanish, so we walked back there. That is how we found Ana. She just cried and said she was praying for help and then we showed up a few days later :) We had another lesson with her and she cried again because she felt the spirit. She is in a really rough situation because of where she lives, and her work. She literally digs through garbage in apartment complexes to find recyclables to sell. It's rough. Hopefully we can help her and get her to come to church. 

So those are my updates!!! I am doing well!! Happy and healthy and working hard!!! And this week we have exchanges on the other side of the mission. We have to go to their areas and help them out because they are struggling so on Wed we are going to my last area in Palmdale/Little Rock!!! Then on Friday we are going to the other side of Palmdale to help the other Hermanas there. And it takes about 2 hours to get there from Arvin. That means we get to spend 8 hours in the car this week which means I get to drive for 8 hours this week!! O.o Wish me luck!!!

I love you all!!! Always remember the Savior and His love for you. I strongly suggest reading the talk "Faith to Reap" by someone...at a BYU devotional. It is INCREDIBLE and has really helped me learn more about my Savior and how I can trust in Him more. I am learning a lot about faith. It is incredible. I love you and hope all is well at home!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


P.S.

This is an excerpt of Meagan's letter to Gage. It was powerful lesson on the Spirit, so I thought I would share:

Sometimes I see pics of you with your tag on and I think "Dang, he's a missionary!! That's so weird! He's one of those guys that rides a bike around sharing the gospel!! What a stud!!" And then I remember that I'm one of those people too... Then I feel even weirder!! And VERY inadequate, but then I remember that I can't do this work. The Lord can. I am just a tool. Sometimes I think "I need to use the Spirit better when I teach" but that's wrong. I need to let the SPIRIT use ME better when HE teaches!!! :) If I teach, nothing will happen and we'll get no where, but if the Spirit teaches, then people will accept our message!! That is a hard lesson that I am still learning. Thank you for your example of following the spirit!







No comments:

Post a Comment