Monday, June 6, 2016

WEEK 28!!! THE "WEED" PLANT, MELTING, MORE EXCHANGES, MORE BAPTISMS, AND 45 PEOPLE AT CHURCH (UP FROM 12)!!!

​Why is this weed plant here!?

I'm melting!!!!!

But seriously though, I'm gonna die here!!!

​My current zone - the East Bakersfield Zone, aka the best zone in the world!!!

​Hnas Hansen (far right) and Badger (in yellow)

​What you do when it's 110 out... buy a gallon of water to drink :)
(this was on the way home from exchanges in Lancaster. It was SO HOT!!!!)

​WATER!!!!

​Ahhhh......

​Roberta (taller girl) and Paloma (next to the guy) Guy, Hno Rodier, and their mom Ada!!!!

​<3

​They got DUNKED!!!!
​Us saying good bye to our new recent convert family after their confirmation. They are leaving for a trip for 2 months. (ps this was taken in the "church" where we have service!! Like the USA stuff all around!! HAHA!!) :) <3



Meagan Martineau
to meLynnGage
WOW it sounds like a LOT is going on at home right now!!! I actually have been missing the sheep too, believe it or not!!! I even miss those crazy, silly kids running around the barn!!! That has always been such a big part of my life and something that I have taken a lot of pride in doing. I do miss it, but I can take a year off ;) (sorry Mom!!!) Tell all the kids and their parents a big HOLA for me!!! :) I am so sorry you had to shear all those sheep Mom!!! :/ It's a LOT!!!!

This week has been HOT. H.O.T. HHHHHOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT. 3 days this week it was 110, and on Thursday it was 115!!! I have a picture to prove it!!!! (and don't worry Mom, I'll try to get a nametag pic soon) It is SO HOT here!!! It just feels like an oven! Everything just radiates heat!!! Yikes!!! But thank goodness we have a car!!! Isn't Heavenly Father the best!? :)

So I read your email before Gage's, like always so I still don't know about all that yet, but hopefully I will in just a few minutes!! And thanks for the update on everyone, especially David!! Does he have a job now or is he still looking? I will continue to keep you all in my prayers!!! <3

So this week was really crazy but really good!!! We had a double baptism on Saturday!!! Roberta and Paloma, Ada's (our recent convert) kids got baptized!!! It was such a sweet experience for them!! You just see it on their faces when they came out of the water that they were so happy!! Especially Roberta, who did NOT want to get baptized at first!!! They really enjoyed it and so did we!!! And that less active family that we found that I have been telling you about, Adriana and her kids, went to the baptism too!! They LOVED it!! The 16 year old Juanita said that it reminded her of her baptism, and Jessie, the son who isn't baptized isn't scared anymore to get baptized and is really excited now!! He was supposed to get baptized this coming Saturday, the 11th, but they didn't go to church last week so he has to wait until the 18th, but they are all excited for him and so are we!! The Lord is so great to us and is blessing us so much here in little Arvin!!! Yesterday at church there were 45 people at church!!! President Wilson told us that if we work hard and have "the faith to reap" that there will be 100 souls at church at the end of this year!! We're about half way there! So we have some more people to baptize and more families to reactivate!!! But it will be good!! I know that Heavenly Father will keep helping us as we do our part. He is so good to us!!! I just love Him SO MUCH!!!! And I love you all SO MUCH too!!!! 

So funny story of the week: one morning we smelled something really nasty in our apartment and couldn't find out what it was. But it was time to leave so we just left. When we walked outside of the apartment we found the smell....a GIANT weed plant.... weed as in marijuana.... it was our druggy neighbor's plant!!! And it was by our door!!!! We didn't know what to do with it so we just took pictures of it with a Word of Wisdom pamphlet, put a picture of Jesus on our door, and it was gone the next morning :) Hopefully our neighbors are ok.... Yikes...

And we had exchanges again this week!! This time in Lancaster with Hnas Hansen and Badger. I went with Hna Hansen. She actually came out with Hna White and I came out with Hna Badger, so that was kind of funny!!! She is such a cute girl!! They both are!! They do need some help, as we all do, but we worked with them. Also the zone leaders down in Palmdale had a training with them and the other hnas on that side of the mission right after exchanges.. well it was kind of during, but it all worked out. And after a week of finding ZERO new investigators and finding 3 with us on exchanges, after that training and everything they found 4 new on their own!!! So that was SUPER exciting!!! Hopefully they'll continue improving!!! I love this opportunity to serve!! It is really scary, especially when we have to make corrections (which they encourage that we do) but it is such a great learning experience!!! I just love the Hermanas and I learn so much from them!! I love exchanges because then I learn so much about how I can improve. We're supposed to teach them how they can improve, but I always feel like a learn a lot more than they do!! (maybe that's why I was called to be an STL, who knows!) I'm just really grateful for all that I have. :)

I love you all!!! Thank you so much for everything!!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau

(PS I have been trying to write a letter for the past 3 weeks now... I just haven't had time... :( but I will get one to you ASAP!!) <3


No comments:

Post a Comment