Tuesday, June 14, 2016

WEEK 29!!! Mariachi Band, District Activity, and the Lord's Sweet Protection of Two Dear Hermanas!!!

​We ran into a MARIACHI BAND heading to play at a party!!! HAHA!!! SO COOL!!!!!

​my district! :)

​Pretty flowers in Bakersfield :)

The car after driving through a field and almost dying,.... But we're all ok!!! :)

​mmmm smells good!!!

​yikes....

​District activity last Monday, we filled up this trashcan full of water and used it for water guns to play capture the flag with water!!!

​We filled bowls with water and dumped them into the trashcan!! HAHAH!!



Meagan Martineau

Jun 13 (1 day ago)
to meLynn
To answer your questions: Sorry I don't have a name tag pic yet.. Yes I got the package from the mailbox this morning (it probably came on Sat. though) and I LOVE IT!!!!!!! It is SO CUTE!!!!! Tell all the kids that I am very grateful for that and tell them good job on their Spanish!!! Su espanol es bueno!! ;) It was a very fun surprise :) And tell them all Os amo, or Les amo mucho!!! :) And I got your letter last week too, and thank you for it!!! I haven't been able to read the talk all the way through yet. I read a little here and there during lunch breaks, but there isn't much time for that!!! :) But it's good though, it's less time to think about myself, and more time to think about others and Jesus Christ.

Something that I have really been learning and trying to apply recently is really how important Jesus Christ is in our lives. Everything we do is in direct correlation to our love for Him. If we love Him we will be obedient. If we don't love Him, we won't be. The more we love Him and the more converted we are to Him the less we will think of ourselves and do more for others, just like He did. It all correlates to our love for Him. I am so grateful the knowledge I am gaining about that. I learn so much every day!! The other day we had exchanges again with Hermana Perry and Hermana Pincock. I went with Hna Pincock and we went to their area, which is my old area. So I was in my old area with my old companion! It was awesome!! But it was kind of hard because Hna Pincock is having kind of a hard time. She's been kinda sad, but I talked to her about how I have over come my hard times so far on my short time out. And the best treatment I have found really is to forget myself and go to work. Think about others, think about Jesus Christ, and the sadness just goes away without even thinking about it! Then during companionship study during the exchange we sang "Grande eres Tu" (How Great Thou Art) and it just hit me so hard. I felt the spirit so strong and started crying a little because I was just thinking about how much Jesus Christ really does love us and all that He and our Loving Heavenly Father have given to us. It was such a sweet moment. Then I shared what I felt with Hna Pincock. Now I just gotta hope and pray that she will focus on Jesus Christ too :)

So that was (one of) my Spiritual exerience(s) this week. My sad story of the week: Satan is a JERK!!!! Sunday morning we called Jessie's family to make sure they had a ride to church and we lost service because we were coming back from Bakersfield because I had to play piano in the La Cresta ward. We waited a few minutes then called again. When we called Juanita answered and said that just 5 minutes ago her cousin came and took Jessie to Bakersfield and their mom got called into work that morning, and she was home alone babysitting someone's baby. So none of them could come to church :( That means that Jessie can't get baptized this weekend... So it'll have to be the 25th of June, but that's ok because he will still get baptized!!! :)

Funny story of the week: I got bit by a tiny pregnant chihuahua dog!! We had talked to a bunch of rude people ALL day and I got my first first door slammed in my face! (I've had them shut, but not slammed!) Then we went to our last house which was a potential before we headed up to Tehachapi for the night. We knocked, they also were not interested and not super nice, then as we walked away their tiny chihuahua dog bit the back of my ankle and made me bleed down into my sock!!! It was crazy!! But kinda funny!!! :) 

Scary/Tender Mercy story of the week: We almost got into what could have been a fatal car crash, but all is well!!! No se preocupen!! We were coming home from Lamont where we had dinner with a member on a 55 MPH road and the car in the other lane decided to turn left IN FRONT of us and decided to use our lane as a left turn lane before he turned!! So I had to swerve the car off the road to avoid getting hit and we were IN a field driving through plants!!! But the car stayed perfectly smooth and controlled until the car turned and we could get back on the road. It was REALLY SCARY and the other car didn't slow down or anything, but the Lord controlled our car and kept us safe, and the car safe!! There is no damage on the car, which is weird because we drove through some pretty rough stuff for a minute there, but all is well!! The Lord protected us, once again :) He is so great!!! :) But don't worry, that's the only close call like that that's every happened, so it's all good!!! :)

I love you all so much!!! I hope you have a great week!! Remember Jesus Christ ALWAYS!!! (you promised you would at baptism ;) ) I love you!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3

Oh ps today isn't pday this week, we did get to email like normal though, but tomorrow is our pday because we are going to the temple!!!! YAY!!!!!!

and PPS HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THURSDAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HAPPY FATHER"S DAY ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment