Tuesday, October 4, 2016

WEEK 45!!! A GIANT PIT BULL AND HUGE STORM ALL IN ONE EXCHANGE!!!
















Meagan Martineau

Oct 3 (1 day ago)

To answer questions:)
-Yes we are back in the good 'ol Arvin apartments :)
-we were in Bakersfield with the sisters from Wednesday night the week before last week till Friday of last week
-It was SO FUN!!!! I love the sisters!!!!
-There was a fire in Tehachapi and Arvin is like a bowl surrounded by mountains so all the bad air just filled in there...It's pretty gross
-ya, they just fumigated and we're back :) They tried to move us but there are no open apartments in all of Arvin!!
-The bag was a bag of Hermana White's old clothes that she had in her hand. The apartment and car were both locked, that's why it was so bad we didn't have the keys because we were basically homeless for that hour and a half!!
-We just looked through the few little bags we had with us
-no idea how they got there!! Tender mercy? ;)
-yes I am still the driver and have been this whole time :)
-And we are settled finally!!! unpacked the last of it yesterday :) STill the same address
-Spanish is good!! Not fluent yet, but I can mostly say what I want and can understand most of what is said, it's just different because I've learned grammar rules and such but teaching the gospel I don't get to use them much so idk how good I would be in normal people real life :) But improving every day :)
-I don't really have dreams, but I do think to myself in Spanish as much as possible to practice to myself
-Jessy is good and made it to Sunday morning general conference!! He has his surgery this Thursday too.
-Frida came to Sun afternoon session and we gave her her scriptures there and she almost cried!!!
-Rosa dropped us - family issues, but we'll try back later in a few weeks - and Marcial hasn't responded to anything so we will have to pop in on him..
-it is cooling off!!! We actually had a big crazy storm this week!!! it's been in the 70's FINALLY
-no earthquakes in Arvin!!
-I am meeting Hna Latimer today for exchanges and I will meet Hna Torrez next week, but I have talked to them on the phone a couple times :)
-we watch conference at the stake center in Bakersfield - the same building I went to in La Cresta and where we have district and zone meetings

Now for this week!!!
So we had exchanges with Hnas Luquette and Pincock. I was in Arvin with Hna Luquette. She says hi to you, Mom :) It was fun! We found some people and had a great time!! Then we had exchanges with Hnas Blau and Zambrano, I went with Hna Blau in Arvin, the others were in Buena Vista. A GIANT pit bull jumped a fence and almost ate us, I had to pull out my pepper spray to protect us (my zone leaders in Little Rock gave it to me after that incident), then there was a HUGE storm and some tornadoes across the field so we had to run to a members house for protection!! It was crazy!!! Lots of wind, lightning, thunder, dirt, it was so cool!!! So that was a crazy exchange!!! Then we had interviews with Pres Layton on Thur and he helped me a lot, it was good. Friday we moved back to Arvin, then conference was AMAZING!!!
(Mom, you can cut in what I wrote to Pres. Rees here about what I learned from conf to save me time).

President Rees,
CONFERENCE WAS WONDERFUL!!!! I have never loved conference so much before! I really appreciate it a lot more now!! I think the overall message I got was how we can find joy in our earthly experience through increasing our faith in Jesus Christ through prayer. I learned that prayer should connect you with the Heavens, and if it doesn't, you're not doing it right. If you sincerely pray with all your heart then your faith in Christ will increase and you will have more joy in life. That is what I learned in a teeny tiny nutshell :) 
Thank you for the email, I really appreciate it!!! Life is great!! I'm still loving it!!!
Hermana Martineau :)

So it was a pretty good week!!!! A little crazy again!!! But good!!! Then today we head to Palmdale for exchanges as well :) It'll be good!!! 
Thank you so much for all your support and love!! I love you all so much!!! Remember the Savior always and that He is joy. He is the ONLY TRUE joy we have <3
Have a great week!! Love you all!!!

Hermana Martineau


No comments:

Post a Comment