Monday, October 31, 2016

WEEK 49!!! I'M LEAVING ARVIN!!!!!!!! :( :( I KNOW I AM GOING WHERE THE LORD NEEDS ME!! :) LAST EXCHANGE AS AN STL.

La familia Navarro

Our new cat friend at our apartment complex!! He's just like Stormy, but lazy and chill like Fuzzy <3 le llamamos "amigo gato"

Recent converts - La familia Cortez

Less active family - La familia Moreno

La Familia Salinas de Lamont

Hno Villegas and Brenda Lopez

Left: new inv Lucas who came to church after only ONE LESSON!!, red shirt: Filipe Escamilla - recent convert from Tehachapi, white shirt behind: Efrian Cardona from Tehachapi who is no longer less active!!, blue: Diana next to me: Hna Gomez, little girl: Brenda Lopez from Lamont


Our old man friend investigator Julio who comes to church!!

Juanita. I love this girl so much. I love her!!


Exchanges!!!

OUR DISTRICT!!!


Meagan Martineau




Dear Everyone:

I'M LEAVING ARVIN!!!!!!! :( :(
But that's ok. :) I know I am going where the Lord needs me!! Where that is I don't exactly know yet... President Layton started a new thing where know one knows where they're going or who with until the day we go there!!! So when we get calls now we are just told if we are staying or leaving. I am leaving and Hermana White is staying. But thankfully there are only so many Hermanas and so many Hna areas that based on who is staying and leaving we pretty much have it figured out. I will most likely be going to Buena Vista in south Bakersfield with Hna Zambrano!! That's not a for sure though. The only other options are to go back to La Cresta 2 w/ Hna Perry or to LC5 with Hna Luquette, but we are pretty sure that won't happen. Also based on the logistics, Hna Blau will most likely be the new STL!!!! She is going to do AWESOME!!!! So ya, I'm really really sad to leave Arvin, but all is well :) I am going where I am needed at this time :) But HOLY COW have we seen miracles in Arvin!!! It is a magical place!!!!

Our investigator Daniel went to the church in Bakersfield with a member from Arvin because his sister Monse now has a restraining order against her friend Juanita who referred them to us!! (that's a long story but basically one didn't say hi to the other at school and they almost fought, so now they have a restraining order...) So if we want them to come to church they will have to go in Bakersfield so Juanita and her family can come here. But nevertheless, Daniel went to church and loved it so much that afterward he texted us and asked us to come over to teach him more!!! His baptism will be Nov 26!!! I'm so excited for him!!! He is a future missionary!! 
And sad news....Jessy Bueno - tattoo man - ....dropped us. He is going through something right now and Satan is attacking him and blinding him. He is now suddenly very confused about the truth and texted us saying he thinks it's better that we don't meet for now. But he'll come around one day I hope!! Also Frida as of today is basically homeless because she had to move out of her friend's house. She will probably be at her mom's for 2 weeks but if the manager doesn't let her live there she will be homeless until the housing authority people help her with an apartment...we fasted for her yesterday. I hope it all works out for her, the poor thing. Plus at church yesterday she was throwing up sick and had to go home, just to top the cake. :/ But the Lord is on her side so it will all work out!!

Back to good new!! We had exchanges with Hnas Van der Toolen and Badger!! (little did I know it was my last exchange as an STL...) I was with Hna Badger and it was pretty good!! On the exchange we met a guy that told us that he felt a peace when he talked to us that he's never felt before. However he wouldn't give us his address or phone number because he has trust issues, but he told us if we wanted to learn he would come to church. Well yesterday he walked in during the sacrament hymn because he wanted to feel that peace again. He left right after church ended so we couldn't get his information but we ran into him again at the grocery store this morning and he is going to come to an activity this Saturday! We are so excited! We have really seen the work double!! And we had a Book of Mormon miracle when a man saw the Book of Mormon in our hands and told us he's read it before. He let us teach him, then he showed up to church on Sunday as well! His name is Lucas. Also our old man friend Julio came to church again for the 3rd time!! The work is hastening!! So many miracles are happening everywhere!!! That's why I don't want to leave Arvin!! There is so much happening that I want to be a part of!! I will miss it and miss the people there, but the work will hasten either way, which is the most important thing!!! I am just so glad I get to be a part of the work at all!! It is such a cool thing to see miracles happen every day and see people change their lives right before our eyes!! It is truly a blessing!! <3

I know the Lord's hand has really been in the work and has been in our lives so much. I have grown closer to Him in ways I never thought possible <3 These past 11 months have truly blessed my life so much!! I hope to make the next 7 even better!! I am so grateful for my Savior and all that he's done for me!! And thank you for all that you have all done for me too!! <3 I love you!!! Have a great week!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment