Wednesday, October 19, 2016

WEEK 47!!! MIRACLE SATURDAY AND MEETINGS WITH ELDER COOK!!!

While opening presents. Thank you so much!!! I feel so blessed!!!!

Hna White made this for me for my birthday <3

​Sorry, just finished running so I am sweaty :)


​Exchanges with Hnas Williamson and Torres!!!




Meagan Martineau

Oct 17 (2 days ago)

Thank you so much everyone for the birthday wishes!!!! I really appreciate it!!!! 
It has been a great day so far!!! :)

So this week: We had exchanges with Hermanas Torres and Williamson!!! They came to Arvin and I went with Hna Torres!!! It was so fun!! She is a cutie, and Mom she says HI!!!! :) And the meeting with Elder Cook was WONDERFUL!!!!! It was a very long day but very good!!!! We had to leave at 7:20am to get there and we were in meetings ALL DAY until 6pm, minus an hour lunch break and 2-3 5 minute breaks. It was a LONG but very spiritually uplifting day!!! 
We learned a LOT about repentance and REALLY what it is, what it entails, what it means. I learned SOOO much!!!! And a lot about how to teach it better. We learned something very interesting that there is not anyone who truly understands repentance that won't get baptized and won't stay active. That impacted me a lot!!
Then afterwards we went to the baptism of 2 girls from Lamont who go to our group!! The Elders taught them but at first they wanted Hermanas so we taught them initially but we talked to them and they said they were fine with Elders so they took over from there, but we got to go see them get baptized afterward and it was so good!! And Berto got to go too and see a baptism before he gets baptized. We were talking to him and trying to see if we could push back his baptismal date a week or two just to help him understand all the lessons because we still have 6 more, but he said no he wants to be baptized ASAP!! So he is getting baptized this coming Saturday the 22nd!!!! We are so excited!!! He is such a cute man and has the sweetest spirit and best of intentions <3 I can't wait to see him enter into that great covenant with the Lord <3 And with Jessy, we haven't been able to talk to him but the member that visited him in the hospital says he's doing well and he just got home the other day. We will probably pop in on him sometime this week to see how he is!!! And Frida has been a little hard to contact because she keeps changing phone numbers but she's doing good. She's still here in Arvin living with her friend but we want her to move to Bakersfield with a member because she's not in the best environment. It's MUCH better than before but still not good. We are still praying that she gets the courage to ask!!

*Miracle* Also on Saturday we had an appointment close to our apartment at 10am so we just walked, then we just kept tracting around the area and talked to a lot of people!! Then we realized we had missed lunch and had an appointment with Martha Sigala at 1 and it was almost one. We were pretty close to her house too so we just walked there too. Miracle was that she was just about to eat lunch and gave us some too. Then we just just kept on foot. It was coming close to dinner time and we were going to walk home and we were walking past the Moreno family's house (the less-actives we have been working with) and we decided to just see how they were. Oddly enough they thought we were supposed to have dinner with them that night and were expecting us at any time, but we didn't have dinner with them!! But they had food prepared and waiting for us!! It was all such a miracle!!! We also found a bunch of new investigators that day, one of which came to church yesterday!!! His name is Julio and he is in his 80s!! He's a cute old man!! So that was a huge day full of miracle after miracles!!! Things like that happen every day!!! It's so cool!!! It's such a cool thing we are doing and get to be a part of <3 I love it!!!! <3

I did get the packages. THANK  YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! I opened them this morning!!! HOLY TON OF  CANDY!!!!!!! But thanks!!! I really appreciate it!!! And thanks for the socks and pens, they were much needed!!! And we are excited about the Halloween treats!!! :) And please thank the Richardsons and Arlene for me too and give them a BIG HUG!!!!!! Thank you so much for all the support and love that you give to me <3 I really appreciate it a ton!!  I don't know what I would do without you all!!! I certainly wouldn't be here!! Well, I wouldn't be here without Jesus Christ!! HE is EVERYTHING!!!!! I am so glad I get this time to learn more about Him and help others grow closer to Him. I am grateful that I have so many wonderful friends and family supporting me <3 I love you all so so much!!! 

I hope you all have great week!!!!! <3
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3


No comments:

Post a Comment