Wednesday, November 16, 2016

WEEK 51!!! "IT'S ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD!!!" ELDER BEDNAR!!! AND GETTING LOST!!!

La Fiesta Latina last week!!

Me and my comp fiesting!!!

First day with Hna Zambrano!!! <3

Selfie!! Wearing my favorite outfit, having a good hair day, and I MET ELDER BEDNAR THIS DAY!!!

I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON THIS MORNING!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

The famous 2 a.m. donkey!!!

When you stay up till 2 a.m. coloring a donkey...

Meagan Martineau

Nov 14 (2 days ago)

Hello Everyone!!

I am doing well!! Hermana Zambrano and I's catch-phrase is "It's all good in the Hood"!!
So this week (like every week) was like a roller coaster!!! Some good days, some not so good days, but I'm not getting discouraged!! This area is very different from Arvin, and a lot of success has been found here in the past. We're not quite seeing it yet, but it will come!! We just gotta build up the area!!
This area is more city, but it's still in the rougher parts of the outskirts of Bakersfield, but I like the rougher parts!! :) 

And on Saturday I saw and got direction from ELDER BEDNAR!!!!! We got to spend 3 hours with him and Elder Arnur (or something like that) from the 70!!! I didn't get to talk to him personally, but we had a question-answer live with him which was pretty darn awesome!! You can just feel the Savior's presence in his presence!! I want to be like that some day - so spiritually in tune that people can feel it when they're with me!! That's the goal!! I learned so much from him about following the Spirit and improving my prayers which is something that I have been working on for a while now. It was very inspired and uplifting!!

That was the high light of my week!! Not really much else happened!! We did get lost though...We parked the car and went walking and tracting Wed morning with the intention of tracting till 1 then going home for lunch. Well, we couldn't find the car... We kept walking and talking to people and asking people we talked to where the street was where we parked the car. One guy typed it in his phone and we were pretty far away... We didn't get back to it until after 3pm!! Good bye lunch!! It was fun though talking to lots of people!! We did talk to one really cool guy who we got a return appointment with and went back and taught him later last week and picked him up as an investigator! And we have an investigator named Jenny who will be baptized on Dec 31!! (she has to wait till she turns 18 on the 28th of Dec for her parents to let her get baptized. She has been coming to church by herself for about 2 years now just waiting to be baptized!! We just started giving her the lessons again to prepare her for her FINAL date!!) But that's about all for Buena Vista!! I'm still getting to know the members but I already love them so much!! My heart is still in Arvin but I am growing another one for Buena Vista <3

In other good news: I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today was the end of the 65 day challenge for us (we started Sept 10) and I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was falling pretty far behind.... like 80 pgs behind.... but I have been reading every spare minute at meals and at night and I finally finished on time!!! Holy Cow I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!!!!!! It is so incredible!!!! <3 I have learned SO MUCH about repentance and faith and how they are connected and both necessary. I have loved this challenge so much and my testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon is stronger than I ever though it would be!!! I KNOW IT IS TRUE!!! It has to be!!! It only makes sense!!!! I love it so much and I love my Savior. I love it because it helps me get closer to my Savior <3 I KNOW He lives. I KNOW this is His true gospel!!! And I love it!!!! I am so blessed to be a part of it and to be a part of bringing it forth to the world of South Bakersfield!!! <3 

I love you all so much and I hope you all study the scriptures daily and feast on the words of Christ <3 It only brings blessing!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


Also tell Merissa and Kaeson 10000000 thank you's for the present!!!!!
It really helped last night when Hna Zambrano was having a difficult day. We colored donkeys until 2 am when she felt better :) So that present was literally a blessing to help heal a broken heart and help Hermana Martineau go to bed :) <3 And I love the bracelet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment