Wednesday, November 9, 2016

WEEK 50!!! BUENA VISTA, HERMANA ZAMBRANO





My new companion, the amazing Hermana Zambrano!!!




Meagan Martineau

Nov 7 (2 days ago)

HELLO FROM BUENA VISTA!!!!

So I am officially in Buena Vista in South Bakersfield with Hna Zambrano!!! It is a blast!! It is very different from Arvin but I love it a lot!! It is just in the South part of Bakersfield about 15 minutes from Lamont which is about 10 minutes from Arvin!! I am living in the same apartment complex I lived in with Sisters Alderman and Holmstead for a week while our apartment was fumigated!!
This area is very different from Arvin but I like it!! There are a lot of white people but there are a LOT of hispanics too!! I am in a Spanish WARD!! A lot different from a group!! I really miss Arvin a lot and I would have liked to stay but I am glad to have a change. I do miss being an STL but it is good to have a break from the stress! But I will miss exchanges and MLC!!

I am so sorry I don't have hardly any time to write this week... It was a good week, had transfers on Tuesday and the rest of the week has been normal, nothing exciting. But on Saturday we got to go to the famous "La Cresta Fiesta Latina" where the ward members do different dances and celebrate different Latino cultures. It was really fun!! I got to see Arvin group people dance too!! It was really fun!! And today we had a zone activity and that's why I am late emailing.. But it was a good week, just a little stressful getting to know a new area and new companion :) And I'm the senior companion and so I am in charge now. As STLs you are both equal (but Hna White always took more charge) but now I have to take charge and I have to make decisions and it's hard because I don't know the area! But I will get to know it soon and I already love the members and I love my companion SO MUCH!!! She is so cute!! She is from Ecuador but recently is from LA so she's not too far from home! It's going to be a good transfer!! Good things will happen!! This week has been slow but it will get better!!! Life is good, I have a good companion and area, Christ has redeemed us, the gospel is true!! What more could I ask for?? :)

I love you all so much!!! I hope you have a great time this week!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


P.S.
Meagan could not get her sd card to work, so no new pictures this week except for one of her new companion, Hermana Zambrano standing by the Ecuador Flag. So, I included a few pictures from the last days of her second area. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment