Monday, November 21, 2016

WEEK 52!!! SHE HITS HER YEAR MARK THIS FRIDAY!!! BACKWARDS EXCHANGES WITH MIRACLES, MIRACLES, MIRACLES!!! ANOTHER GREAT WEEK IN HERMANA MARTINEAU'S GRAND ADVENTURE!!! :)

​Hna Zambrano is so cute!!! I was asked to give a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday last minute and I was super nervous as I was preparing for it in a classroom at the church, and while I was writing my talk she drew this on the board <3

Object lesson about spiritual power from President Layton during ZTM this week!
That's a LARGE HEAVY copper cord!!

A member - Hna Quel - gave us this box of Mexican goodies at church yesterday <3

​Feelin' like a Cali-girl wearing this in 55 degree weather! (I BETTER not be a wimp!! I have been cold a lot more a lot easier now after spending a summer in Bakersfield!!)

Backward exchanges!!! Me and Hna White used to take Hnas Blau and Zambrano on exchanges, now Hna Zambrano is with me and Hna Blau and White are taking us on exchanges!!

Possibly the last time I see Hna White as a missionary!!! :( 


Meagan Martineau

3:45 PM (5 hours ago)
to meLynnGage
Almost Thanksgiving!!!! Almost....A YEAR as a missionary!?!?!?! HOW???!?!!?

This year has flown by!!! It has been so full of joy, tears, laughs, frustrations, miracles, and SO MANY LEARNING EXPERIENCES!!!!! I am so grateful for this year that I have had as a missionary!! It has been SO HARD and it still is. It never gets any easier, but let me tell you, it is WORTH IT!!!!! Sometimes I feel like I've been gone for 2 years, and sometimes I feel like it's been 5 months!! Looking back I realize how much I have changed. THANK GOODNESS!!! But I still have a LOT more changing to do!!! I just hope that I can keep changing and improving over the next 6 months!!

Thank you for the emails of encouragement Mom and Dad!!! I really appreciate it and all you do :) I am so glad you were able to meet Hnas Pincock and Van der Toolen!! They're pretty awesome!! <3 I hope you get to go to Hna White's homecoming too!! She goes home Dec 13!

So the weird thing that happened this week is we had exchanges!!! It was weird because I went with Hna White and back to Arvin, which was weird!!!! It was like normal times, but she was my Sister Training Leader this time!!! It was pretty backwards!!! But super fun!!! We saw SO MANY miracles on the exchange!!!!! So we had dinner with a less active in the same trailer park where our old investigator Jessy lived. (Jessy with the tattoos that we taught for a while and right when I got transferred out of Arvin he texted and dropped us...) Right when we finished dinner and walked out of the trailer, we got a text from Jessy that was another drop text, but he was already dropped. So we figured since we were already there that we would just go see him cuz I was back!! We walked to his trailer and he was outside. We talked to him and turns out he...IS AMAZING AND FINALLY KNOWS THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE!!!!!!!! When he dropped us before I got transferred we asked him to read Alma 36. He did. He read it and picked it apart and read it with his ex-girlfriend and asked her questions about it "like how you guys do" (like he said) and that when he did that he felt pure joy. He said he felt happier than he had ever felt before and he knew that that was the Spirit telling him that he needs to follow this gospel. He now has moved to Bakersfield but said that when he is settled in he would like to have the missionaries visit him so that he can get baptized in January when his parole ends!!!!!!!!! What a HUGE miracle that was!!!!! And that "just so happened" to happen on the day of the exchange and that I was in Arvin with Hna White for the exchange!!! What a blessing!!!! Heavenly Father is absolutely the greatest!!! <3 
Also on that exchange I got to see my other old investigators Julio, Lucas, and Daniel!!! And (as of that day anyways - it could have changed by now) Lucas and Daniel are both planning on getting baptized this coming Saturday!!!! What a blessing!!!! And how cool it was that I got to see them again and be a part of their conversion!!!! <3 The Lord truly is incredible <3

And the work in Buena Vista is looking up too!! We were able to find 4 new investigators this last week which was a blessing!! It's a little hard though because out of our teaching pool, 3 of them we can only see  once a week and 4 of them are all leaving or have left for a 2 week vacation for the holidays (which is ironic because they're Hispanic and Thanksgiving is an American thing haha! I guess it's like when we celebrate Cinco de Mayo ;) ) so that's kind of hard because we won't be able to really see anyone this week.. but that's ok!! It has been a really good week!!! Life is good!! So many blessings!!! I love this work more than ever and I love my Savior!!! The scriptures have truly become dear to me in ways I never imagined. It is truly incredible this experience I am having!!! I love it!! I am so grateful for all that I have. I am truly blessed and I recognize them now more than ever!! The thing I am the MOST grateful for above all: My Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement for me.

I hope you all have a very happy Thanksgiving and that you all remember and count your many daily blessings!! Not just on Thursday, but every day of the year!! There is truly SO MUCH to be grateful for!!!

I love you all!!!
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3



No comments:

Post a Comment