Monday, February 13, 2017

WEEK 64!!! ZONE CONFERENCE, CARLOS #1, #2, #3, CHINESE BUFFET, AND BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!!!




These pictures were taken by Sister Ball when they went to pick up Hna Arceo's birthday present. I don't like that they cannot send pictures on those computers anymore. I hope someone can get the virus removed soon! 



Meagan Martineau

12:04 PM (7 hours ago)
Well Folks,

I honestly don't really remember what happened this week!! This happens about every week, but I usually remember something!! This will be kind of hard because I really don't remember much, but I'll do my best!!

So on Wednesday we had a combined Zone Conference with Bakersfield East Zone (I'm in Bakersfield South Zone). It was so much fun because I spent 9 months of my mission in the East Zone and I got to see old missionary friends and get some updates on some people from La Cresta ward and Arvin group!! It was so fun!! Also, Zone Conference is always super spiritual and I learn so much!! :)

Then on Friday after district meeting we had a surprise birthday lunch with a less-active member Hna. Zavala and the other Hnas in our district, Hnas Wright and Melendez! Hna. Zavala and I set it up and it was a surprise for Hna. Arceo!! She made a yummy lunch, gave her a cake, we sang, and she gave her a scarf and made us all special bookmarks!!! She is so cute!! I love her so much!! <3 And she came to church again yesterday with her 2 young kids which was awesome!!! (Now it's just getting her hard-headed husband on board and get him baptized so they can be sealed!!)

Saturday, of course, was Hna. Arceo's birthday!!! It was so much fun!! We got special permission from Pres, Layton to have lunch with the district at a Chinese buffet!!! It was so much fun!! I even tried raw mussel, with all it's organs visibly inside and all.. it was gross. I will never try it again, but hey I got to keep the shell!! And I tried crab straight from the shell. Same story. Never going back. But then they brought out a cake and we all sang to her, shoved her face in it, found out it was coffee cake, haha, awkward, then headed out to work. We had another little party with Hna. Ruiz with another cake (cake #3), it was hilarious!! I just love being a missionary!! People are just so nice and so caring!! I love it!! <3

Yesterday we had an investigator Carlos #2 come to church!! (the #2 is because we are teaching 3 Carlos' so we have them numbered 1,2,and3) He had to ask his wife for permission, but this week he got the ok so he came!! He really enjoyed it and just kept saying how much better it was than his wife's church and the JW church he used to go to!! He loved how it felt like a family!! <3 And our other investigator Jose came again just for sacrament meeting. He came about a month ago and finally made it back. He is going through a LOT and we've been trying to help him through it. Then last night we tried by Carlos and Verenice again. We haven't had luck with them because their phone hasn't been working and they work a lot and are hard to catch home. Verenice answered the door and said they had company and couldn't talk. It was night time and we try not to walk around in the dark much because it's dangerous, but we felt the need to stay in the area. About 20 minutes laterCarlos texted us and said the visitors left and if we were still in the area we could come back!! So we ran back to their house and had a good lesson with them!! They are so cute!! I love them so much!! I love all of our investigators!!! They give me reason to stay strong on my mission because I just want more than anything for them to have the gospel!!!

I am SO grateful for the gospel in my life!! I have NO IDEA what I would do without it!!! I would be lost, that's for sure!! :) I truly love everything it teaches and everything it does for us. I know it truly helps so much because it is the gospel of Jesus Christ - His teachings, His power, His blessings, His love. For that I am eternally grateful. I love being a missionary and serving Him!! I will truly be sad to see it end! 
I love you all so much and i hope you have a wonderful week!!! Sorry this wasn't super informative, I really don't remember last week very well, haha!! Well have a great week!!! <3 I love you all so much!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3

No comments:

Post a Comment