Tuesday, February 28, 2017

WEEK 66!!! ALL-HERMANA P-DAY, FIRST "SICK" DAY AND FIESTAS!!!






Meagan Martineau

Feb 27 (1 day ago)

Hello Everyone!!!

This week has been a good week!!! I will just go through my week like a list, cuz not too much happened, you'll see why, haha! :)

Monday - we had an all-Hermana p-day!!! All us Hermanas in the whole mission got together in Tehachapi and had a fun day!! That is the only time that has ever happened and probably will ever happen!! Right now in the mission there are the most Hermanas than there have ever been since I've been here!! There are 15 of us in total. We are few in number but fuerte! We just ate food, talked, and made shirts!! It was so fun!!

Tuesday - did some service for our investigator Grace

Wednesday - Had interviews with President Layton, had dinner with Hna. Ruiz, came home at 9pm, threw up 4 times... then at 9:30 a few more times... then at 10pm a few more times... and then from 11pm-1:30am I was in the bathroom throwing up every 5-10 minutes and in between throwing up it was coming out the other end very rapidly. I slept in the bathroom that night.. around 3:30amI went to bed :) 

Thursday - we...took a sick day :) My only sick day my whole mission!! But I couldn't eat anything, I couldn't do anything, I was so weak. After a priesthood blessing, lots of sleep, some saltines and sprite, we went to the ward volleyball game that we have every other Thur. (that's when Hna Ruiz told you I was sick). I got a narly case of food poisoning but it wasn't Hna Ruiz' food because the other 3 Hnas that ate there didn't get it.

Friday - stayed in for a couple hours while I was still regaining strength. I started eating a little bit again, then we went out to work.

Saturday - FIESTAS!! We were invited by Hna Zavala to lunch, we show up and it's a birthday party for her 3 year old! That was fun! Then we went to a baby shower of a less-active family that invited us, then had some more food with a member after that! (good thing I emptied all out on Wednesday!! ;) )

Sunday - A normal day in the work of the Lord :) Carlos came to church again! And we found out that a member - Hna Cruz - isn't actually a member!!! She was an investigator a year ago but couldn't get baptized for whatever reason but never stopped coming to church!! She told the bishop that she wants to get baptized and she is in our area!!! We visited her and she told us she wants to get baptized in April! So now we just need to teach her the lessons and she's good to go!! What a blessing and miracle!!! <3

That was our week this week!! Exciting, but not too much happened!! It was a good week though!! I learned that it's important to take care of yourself, but when you are taken care of to get up, get going, and turn outward. Turning outward is key. If we turn inward and think about what we need all the time and what we want, we will never reach our full potential. Christ always turned outward. He never neglected Himself, He was healthy and strong, but He spent His time and attention helping others. That is what matters <3 If we follow His perfect example, we will be just fine :)

Well that is my little life-lesson for the week :) I hope you all have a great week!! I love you so much!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau :)


No comments:

Post a Comment