Monday, February 6, 2017

WEEK 63!!! A TON OF APPOINTMENTS!!! BOOK OF MORMON TESTIMONY!!!







No Pictures Again This Week, Computer Still Has a Virus. These are pictures were taken by Hermana Ruiz who Meagan eats with almost every week.



Meagan Martineau

11:38 AM (8 hours ago)

To answer questions before I forget :p 
--About your feeling, I am just fine! Last night at 8:30 we were on the street with a male member talking to 2 guys. Actually one was one of those Atheists we talked to in that week of Atheists! We were talking to them for about an hour and at some point while talking to them I turned around and saw 3 hooligans walking the street and for a second I felt a little scared, but we were with 2 guys and with a male member and nothing happened!! Maybe something would have happened if we were alone, but we were just fine! Nothing happened at all! All safe and sound :) I'm glad the family is all ok though!! 
--I did get my papers, I sent them in saying that I will fly into SLC on May 31, I also took a pic with them but I can't send it, and I want to get home, spend a week or two home with you all and catch up, then go back and visit everyone!! :) I can't wait for you to all meet the amazing people here!! And absolutely I want to go back to Oregon!! <3 I hope Grandma got my letter, did she? :)
--I do like the new car, but it's a little too high tech for me!! I like my '97 Dodge Caravan :) Although, I do like the remote keys so I don't have to get the keys out, ever! I can just push buttons!! And the reason we got a new car is because whenever a car reaches over 50,000 miles they sell it and get a new one, ours was over, so we got a new car :)
--I like the new schedule a lot because I can actually finish my journal entries at night, rather than starting and finishing in the morning because it's so late! I also like how we have more time in the mornings so I go into studies relaxed and ready, rather than rushed and running, so I focus better! It is very nice and very inspired!! It's a little tricky sometimes planning studies sometimes because we've had lots of appointments so we've had to get creative with when and what to study to get everything done!!

So this week we had a TON of appointments which was awesome!!! We were able to see a lot of our investigators and a lot of them are reading between appointments, which doesn't happen often, so that was awesome!! No one made it to church though, but next week a new  investigator we have named Carlos will be coming! He was going to come this week but his wife is VERY Catholic and he said he wants the week to lightly let her down that he is going to our church next week! He has read all the way to 1 Ne 12 in the Book of Mormon and he prayed with us on the first visit, which was a big deal because after he prayed he told us that his whole life from all the different religions that have tried to get him to pray, he never has until now! We have high hopes for him!! 
As for Elisabeth.. she is a little punk (aka a 22 year old) and went out with a friend late Saturday night and slept in and missed church.. And we started teaching her grandma too!! She is a cute little old lady named Isabel :) 
As for Carlos and Verenice, we were FINALLY able to see them last night with a member and teach them!! (well just Verenice because Carlos was showering). It's been a pretty good week but really not that much happened!! 

We did get to do some service helping someone set up for a birthday party! We knocked a door, the lady answered and said she's talked to several missionaries, had them come in and teach them, she wasn't interested and super busy. We asked if we could help with anything and she said sure! So she let us in and we helped her set up for her daughter's birthday party and her and her husband asked us all sorts of questions about what we do as missionaries, because they've talked to a bunch before but don't know what we really do. I feel like it was a good visit and that even thought they are English not Spanish, we were able to help them and open another door for them and who knows, maybe the English missionaries will run into them and they will take the lessons again for real this time :) 

I just wanted to share a little bit of my Book of Mormon reading. So I am reading it now with a focus on virtue and trust in the Lord. I am learning so much about really how strong Nephi was!! Whenever he wasn't sure about something, what to do, where to go, he always always asked Heavenly Father in prayer. That's exactly what we need to do too, no matter our question or concern, we can always find answers in prayer! It really impresses me too how whenever Laman and Lemuel repent they are always forgiven. That just shows how merciful and loving our Heavenly Father is! I just love that we can be forgiven because of the selfless sacrifice of our Savior. I cannot even begin to imagine how much love He has for us to have gone through all that. What a blessing to have Him in our lives and what a greater blessing to have His true gospel. It truly is the gospel of peace. I am SO grateful to have it in my life and there is NO WAY I can go back from here. I am so grateful for this mission experience to help me learn that :)

I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!! <3
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau :)




No comments:

Post a Comment