Tuesday, March 7, 2017

WEEK 67!!! TRANSFERRED TO LANCASTER!!! SERVE! IT IS THE BEST MEDICINE!!!





Pictures are from Thursday Ward Volleyball Night taken by Hermana Ruiz!




Meagan Martineau

Mar 6 (1 day ago)


No se preocupen, estoy mucho mejor y ya no estoy enferma para nada, pero tengo noticias acerca de las trasferencias.... :)

So transfers are happening tomorrow and.......
I'M GOING TO LANCASTER!!!!!!!!!!
I NEVER thought I would serve in Lancaster, and I thought I would finish my mission in Buena Vista! But the Lord has other plans, and of course better plans! I will be back-up training Hermana Perdomo there :) She was front trained this last transfer by Hermana Latimer!! Cool, eh? I am very excited to meet new people, but I am sad to leave Bakersfield. I have spent my whole mission in Bakersfield except for my first transfer!! I'll be going to a branch called Joshua! That's actually the area where I went to for my very first exchange my first transfer in training!! So I was there for a day, but that was over a year ago and I had no idea what I was doing back then! Hopefully I can do something productive there now :) I am sad to be leaving Hna Arceo too! We have come to be good friends and I will miss her dearly <3 But I'm excited to make another friend with Hna Perdomo!! :)

This week has been great!! We did a LOT of service this week!!! We have an investigator Grace who has 5 kids and one on the way, is a single mom, and her 3 younger daughters all have some sort of serious, deathly illness, and she is on bed rest because of some complications with her baby on the way, so we did a lot of stuff for her, washing her dishes, mopping, etc. stuff she can't do and none of her kids can help her with. Then on Friday morning we brought the 4 Elders in our district and a member with a lawn mower to her house to pull the mountain of weeds from her back yard and cut the grass so her kids can play outside. It was a LOT of HARD work, but SUPER fun and we plowed in all out in 2 hours!! (we had to because we had ZTM - a mission meeting - a 10am we had to get to!!). It was very fun! I truly found joy in service this week!! I truly can testify that if you are sad or upset or whatever, SERVE. It is the BEST medicine!!! NOTHING beats selfless service!! It truly just lifts your spirits because you're more focused on helping than on your own problems!! Plus you're following Christ's example, which naturally brings peace and joy :)

Yesterday Carlos came to church again and we finally got him to think about March 25 for baptism!! I'm just sad I have to leave now, but as long as he gets baptized, I'm happy!! 

And on Saturday we had a fun relief society activity and Elisabeth came!!! It was super fun!! But then she didn't come to church again... I guess we'll see what happens there :)

Well I am short on time, but love you all so much!!! I hope you have a fabulous week, and a fabulous trip Mom and Dad!!! I hope all continues to go well!!! <3

I love you so so much!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau

No comments:

Post a Comment