Tuesday, March 28, 2017

WEEK 70!!! PICTURES AGAIN!!! ZONE BASEBALL, A SACRAMENT CHALLENGE, AND A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE YOUNG WOMEN CLASSES, SEMINARY "FEASTS," CAMPS, ETC. THAT HAVE SHAPED HER TESTIMONY!!!

​BASEBALL CHAMPS!!

I FINALLY won the golden plunger!!!! And I got a new pillow from winning it!!!


Elotes before General Women's Conference
#heckyes!!!
#neverthoughtI'dlikeelotes

Meagan Martineau

Mar 27 (1 day ago)

HOLA!!!!

First of all, THANK YOU so much for helping out with the package for Hna Perdomo!! I am so excited for her birthday!! The Elders, our ward mission leader and I are planning a little NDH (FHE) for her with the ward on Monday night :) bueno, they're planning it, and I'm keeping it a secret and secretly making sure we don't have appointments haha!
And yes we get still along amazingly!!! I love Hna Perdomo so much!! <3 So thank you for helping out :) And our zone is ALL ELDERS. This was an all-elder zone until Hnas Latimer and Perdomo came in last transfer, so it's kind of weird being the only girls, it almost feels against the rules to be with all of them haha!! But it's fun!

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip!! I hope to hear all about it when I get home, get more of the details!! 

So this week was a good, but pretty uneventful week! That happens de vez en cuando :) 
Last Monday we played baseball as a zone!!! It was so much fun!! And I actually hit the ball!!! Every time I went up to bat!!! (That was a shocker to everyone...!) I have grown an appreciation for sports on my mission, don't get excited Mom, I still don't want to play a sport, but I like to play for fun with people!! 
On Thursday we had our transferly zone conference!! I love zone conference so much!! It is my favorite mission meeting!!! That is when we meet as a zone with President and Sister Layton and they teach us :) At this zone conference I learned a lot about the importance of the Sacrament. It is such an essential and sacred ordinance, a lot more important than I ever thought!! President Layton challenged us that every Sunday from the first note of the Sacrament hymn until the last deacon sits down to think ONLY about the Savior. Don't think about the investigators that didn't come, or about the class you have to give in the next hour, think only about the Savior, His life, His ministry, the things He taught, the things He did, etc. It brings a powerful spirit when you do that. So that is my little challenge to all of you too, to really, truly focus on only the Savior during the Sacrament, I know it will bring so many blessings!!!

I don't remember if I've told you all about Rosemary, so just in case I didn't, she is 16 and her mom is a less active member. We have been teaching her and she is getting baptized in April!! She is so cute and has the sweetest heart <3 Also this week we talked to her little brother who is 8 and he wants to be baptized with his sister!! This week the whole family (except the dad who is not a member and not interested) came to the Elder's baptism, then came to church, and they stayed for Gospel Principles class, which they've never stayed that long!!!! That was so cool!! We are just hoping that one day the dad will want to learn too so that they can all be sealed as a family :)

Then of course on Saturday we got to watch the General Women's conference!!! I LOVE General Conference in a way that I thought I would never love it!!  I truly learned so much about true charity and sacrificing yourself for the Lord and for others. I am so excited for this coming General Conference!! I know it is going to be awesome!!!

--P.S. This morning for the first time I watched that DVD of Youth Conference July 2015. I just cried and cried as memories flowed back of all the amazing things I learned there and the testimony I grew. I know that everyone there helped me so much to be who I am today, and that all those youth activities, girls camps, etc. helped me to serve a mission and to grow my testimony enough to be able to testify when people try to discredit, to square my shoulders when they say we're silly little girls that don't know anything. Well I do know. I know that Christ's true church has been brought back to the earth. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that the Priesthood power to seal families is on the earth. The evidence of all that is the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful for this knowledge I have gained. It has changed my life for the better. Thank you for all the work that all of you have done with me. Thank you for all the Young Women classes, seminary "feasts", camps, etc. Without them I wouldn't have the testimony I do. I hope I can keep increasing my testimony every day of my life. I know that this work is the Lord's work and I feel privileged to be a part of it, however small my part may be.

I love you all!!!
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau





The "Bro Zone" as they call it. We're back to the Elder Martinez story.
(if you don't remember, I'll tell you in June ;) )









I put coconut oil in my hair now...advice from Hna Arceo to make my hair grow! I've done it a few times.. I guess we'll see what happens!!





























1 comment: