Monday, April 3, 2017

WEEK 71!!! BEST PDAY EVER!!! "IT WAS SUCH AN AMAZING WEEK, ESPECIALLY WITH CONFERENCE!!!"

Hermanas Martineau and Perdomo with Sister Layton

THE Lancaster Zone!!!

Saturday afternoon lunch with members after conference!!!

Sunday General Conference!!!

Random Selfie!!

Midnight Brownie Making!!!

Some of her favorite presents!!!


There're lots more pictures but these computers are REALLY slow, so you can wait 2 months :)

Meagan Martineau

12:43 PM (8 hours ago)

WOW!!!!!

My heart is just overflowing!!! I think this is the best Pday I have ever had!!!!! I love all the info from home!! It's good to hear about the goings-on!! I am so happy hear that David is doing well!!! I love that guy!!! <3 Also, I have been thinking a lot about Alyssa and her soon-to-be-baby, but I thought she still had a month or 2!!! That is crazy that she already had him!!! I feel like I just got the email 2 months ago about him!!! It's crazy how time flies!!! W.O.W. But I am glad that they are staying with you!!! I am so excited to go home and live with them for a bit!!!! (I want them to find a house, but I kind of hope it takes a few months ;) ) Also it's good to hear that you can keep tabs on Dad, Mom! ;) Dad trying to sneak a peak :p haha! Also I have a question: Are we still coming to visit the mission in June? I would love to if at all possible :) And if so, how long would we be able to be here? I would at least like to hit 2 Sundays so that we can visit the sacrament meeting all the places I've served in :)

So to answer a few things first: Hna Perdomo LOVED her presents!!! (I'll talk more about that later)
Also WOW I had no idea so many people chipped in!!! Hna Perdomo is so happy she doesn't even know what to do or say!! But she said with the extra money she needs a few more garments, just 3 pairs should suffice. And she says that with the rest she would like to do for her brother what we did for her. His birthday is May 24th and she will ask him if he needs/wants anything so that you could send it to him for his birthday!!

So many things I don't know where to go next!! I hope I don't forget anything :)

So now for the week!! So this week we were able to see almost all of our investigators which was awesome because last week no one was home or available ever!! But we were able to do some service for our investigator Elvia who was a referral from a recent convert, Rosario, the one who sent you those pictures over facebook :) Elvia is sick with cancer but she is getting better poco a poco. She is really interested in the church now, unlike she was before. So interested that even though she was sick from her chemotherapy she watched General Conference on her phone!! And she is planning on coming to the activity tonight with her family (if she's feeling well enough)!! (and no it's no longer a surprise for Hna Perdomo, she knows it's happening so that we could invite people to it, but she doesn't know it's gonna be kind of a birthday party though!!)
And our other investigator Molly from the air force base, well we haven't been able to contact her because she had some family issues and had to leave for a bit, but she came back home this week and we called her member friend Sophia and asked her to invite Molly to General Conference, so Molly watched a session on Saturday and on Sunday with Sophia in Sophia's house and we are going back to teach her on Thursday!!! What a blessing!!! Rosemary wasn't able to come to General Conference, but her and her little brother Marcos will be baptized on April 15!!! We are so excited!!! Oh ya, and our investigator Jose, the son of a recent convert here finally prayed for us!!!! That was a huge deal!!! We are going SUPER slow with him but he took a big step to pray!!! Now he just needs to do it on his own too and once he starts doing that then we'll move on to the Book of Mormon, because that is "too much" for him right now, but he's getting there!! 
Then last night we were able to teach cute couple that apparently learned from missionaries before and almost went to church but felt pressured by the Elders and didn't go. But now they are willing to listen again!! <3

Now for this morning: well, last night I laid in bed until Hna Perdomo fell asleep, then I went to the living room and taped up a Happy Birthday sign thing I made previously and made her brownies as a surprise, along with the package there ready for her!! (ps she thought it was for me for Easter haha >:) ) She had NO idea and I took a video of me surprising her when she came out of the bathroom and taking her to her present :) When she was opening them she was crying of joy :) She cried when she opened the hymn books and scriptures. She was truly touched and it really touched me to see her so happy. The only time she ever got something for her birthday was for her quincenera, 8 years ago. What we did for her together was the only thing she got, so thank you so so so so so much everyone who participated to make this day special for Hna Perdomo <3

It was such an amazing week, especially with conference <3 Literally every single one of my questions was answered. And these are questions that I have had...my whole mission!! I have learned something very valuable on my mission: when you take notes from a church meeting, don't write down what the speaker says. Lets be real, we can print the talks later, and who actually goes back and look at their notes. I know that I didn't! But rather than write what they say, write the impressions that you get. I really focused hard on that the last 2 days and it was incredible the results!! I got specific direction for me, for people we're working with and my notes are full of things that the speakers never said!! But I know that I was guided by the Spirit and so were they!!! I love conference!! I know that it is truly a time of reflection and learning. I know the church is true and I know that we truly are guided by a prophet of God!!

I love you all so much!!! 

Have a wonderful week!!!

Love,
Hermana Martineau <3

1 comment:

  1. Good to see this post!! Happy that you had amazing party. My sister is also arranging a dinner party at one of event space San Francisco. She along with her friends will do everything for food and decor. I am very happy and excited for it.

    ReplyDelete