Monday, April 24, 2017

WEEK 73!!! THE DOMINGUEZ FAMILY SAGA, STL ROUND TWO, NEW COMPANION!!!

La Familia Dominguez!!!

Easter Bunny Ladies!

Easter Bunny Ladies with Hna Rosario!!

Coloring Easter Eggs on Saturday!!!

Our Beautiful Easter Eggs!

Our District!!!

Planes!!!

More Planes!!!





Meagan Martineau

12:08 PM (9 hours ago)


So this week was CRAZY!!!!! But crazy awesome!!!!

So here's a brief run-down of what happened. We found out on Tuesday that Hna Dominguez' (Rosemary and Marco's mom) member record was lost. That means that she needed to get baptized again. Obviously we wanted her to get baptized with her kids, so we had to teach her ALL the lessons and get her interviewed in 5 days... So when we went over on Tuesday we gave her the news and taught her the first 3 lessons.. It was intense!! Then Wednesday we went by again and taught her some of the commandments. As it turned out, she is addicted to coffee... Since it was Wednesday, she would have had to be clean from coffee from Thursday and on in order to be baptized on Saturday. She was really nervous to go without her coffee because she gets migraines and throws up without it.. So starting when we left her house I started fasting for her to be able to go without coffee and that all would work out with the baptism. 

As you can see, we were VERY stressed by this point, especially because when we went by on Wed. she had told her whole family and even her neighbors that she was getting baptized with her kids, so we needed her to not drink a drop of coffee. So she just quit cold-turkey. I don't know how she did it, but when we went by on Thursday she told us she hadn't had a sip of coffee since we saw her the night before and that her head didn't even hurt! She said she was really surprised!! So my testimony of fasting was renewed this week, that's for sure!! That was the most sincere fast I have ever done in my life. I have really seen my faith grow throughout my mission, and that was a big trial of my faith, but it pulled through and came out successful :) Heavenly Father is so good to me!! :)
Then Friday we were getting ready to go over there and teach them the last of the lessons and then the Elders were going to come over and interview Rosemary, Marco and their mom, Hna Dominguez for their baptism on Friday. We were going there at 6pm, and their interview was at 7pm

Now wait for it.....
Well at 5pm the Elders gave us a call saying they actually did find Hna Dominguez' records. 
That was a big deal because she literally told EVERYONE she was getting baptized and we had to tell her that she wasn't getting baptized anymore. But she took it like a champ, and she's still going coffee-free :) Also because Marco is 8 and they found Hna Dominguez' records, he technically isn't a convert, so the Elders couldn't interview him, so then we had to set up an interview with the Bishopric for Saturday..right before the baptism to interview Marco!! It was crazy!! This poor family, they were probably so confused through this whole process, but eventually it all worked out! It always does because this is the Lord's work and He is in charge!! So Rosemary and Marco got baptized on Saturday, along with 3 other people, and confirmed on Sunday along with 5 other people!!! It was AWESOME!! VERY busy week for the branch!!

I have had so much joy with the Dominguez family. They are so special. I love absolutely everyone that I have taught on my mission but there are a certain few people/families that are just really special. They are one of them :) I am so glad that they are coming back, so glad that they are seeing the joys of the gospel. It brings me joy to see other people change and come unto Christ <3

Well that was basically our week. We also went to the Air Force Base to teach Molly, we taught that cute old couple again, found some new investigators, etc. And Elvia and her son Jose went to the baptism!!! Turns out that she is friends with Hna Rosario's daughter who got baptized and Jose is like best friends with Rosemary!!! Can you say perfect situation???

I love this work so much!! It is so special and powerful. I am going to miss it dearly. But I am happy that I get to be a part of it and it's not over yet!! :)

Now for info on transfers....fasten your seat belts folks!!!

So I am staying in Joshua and Hna Weaver is my new companion. She came in with Hna Perdomo and just finished being trained. The crazy part is that Arvin is no longer the Hna training leader area. They made 2 areas again like it was at the beginning of my mission. So there are Hna training leaders on the Bakersfield side of the mission, and Joshua is the Hna training leader area on this side of the mission. That means that I am once again an Hna training leader!!! 
Now wait, it gets crazier!!!
I am a solo STL. STLs are still 2 and 2 like always, except me. I am the STL for this side of the mission for Hnas and so I will do exchanges by myself. Hna Weaver isn't at STL. How that is going to work, I have NO idea!!! It is a change that's for sure!! I'm excited to be an STL again because it was really fun, but I am also really nervous to be on my own... but I know it will all work out and Hna Weaver will help me out regardless :) I am sad to see hna Perdomo go. We have come to be great friends throughout this transfer, but I know she will do great things in her new area. Oh ya, and she's going to ARVIN with Hna Luquette!!!! SO COOL!!!! And the new STL's on the Bakersfield side of the mission are in Buena Vista and Hnas Torres and Dye!!!

So ya!! This week was crazy!!! We also had a primary Easter activity and the "Easter Bunny Ladies" came ;) Then we painted Easter eggs on Saturday night :) It was fun!!!

Well until the adventures of next week, remember your Savior at all times and always rely on His strength. Have faith that you can see miracles, because they are everywhere!! They are always available to us if we show our faith in the Lord :) That is why I love Easter so much, because it is a sacred time to remember Christ and His sacrifice for us and also His resurrection. What a gift and blessing that is!! 

Love you all!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau




No comments:

Post a Comment