Tuesday, July 19, 2016

WEEK 34!!! STILL DOESN'T LIKE DRIVING, FINAL EXCHANGES, A NEW, INSPIRED MISSION PRESIDENT, COOL FRIDA, AND THE LORD HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO US!!!

Estoy in Mexico! <3

​Little run-down shacks in Lamont (a little town just like Arvin, right next to Arvin)

Another run-down shack.

​Exchanges!! We're unintentionally tall-to-short :)

Welcome to Arvin!





Meagan Martineau

Jul 18 (1 day ago)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE IT WAS A FABULOUS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that last week was short and this week will be too.... I am really trying to stay within an hour for emails... And some computers can't send pics so when I don't send pics it's because of that :)

So this week we had our final exchanges with Hnas Pincock and Hansen!! I went with Hna Pincock, my old companion!!! It was so fun!!! And it was down in Palmdale so I got to drive for 2 hours there and back again!!! (I don't like driving still!!!) But we had a lot of fun!! Then we had interviews with President Layton! He is such an inspired man!!! He shared with my the story of the 5 loaves and 2 fishes and really applied it to me personally and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I love him and Sis Layton so much already!!!

So we've been teaching this girl named Frida (I don't know if I've written about her or not yet) but we found her "mother-in-law" (boyfriends mom, but they call each other husband and wife, even though they're not married) named Ana a little while ago and had really good feelings about her and she told us all about her terrible, horrible "daughter-in-law" Frida. Then one day we met Frida and were scared from what we had heard about her, but she was actually really cool!! We ended up dropping Ana because she was never home for appointments, but Frida always was. And.... SHE CAME TO CHURCH yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! She has 3 CRAZY kids - the craziest of crazy kids I've ever met (well her son, not so much the daughters) - and they all came to church with her!!! She really liked it a lot!! We never would have thought that Frida would be so cool and progressing!! From our first encounter with her, then with her kids, and from what Ana told us, we never would have thought that she would be so cool!! That just goes to show that Heavenly Father knows His children, not us, so we gotta put our trust in Him and treat everyone the same, no matter how they seem at the beginning.
Also, up in Tehachapi we found 2 less-active hispanic families that didn't know about the Spanish church in Arvin!!! (in Tehachapi there's only English) And one of them came to church yesterday!!!!!! His name is Efrain Cardona and he has the Aaronic Priesthood and wants the Melchizedek!! You know what that means?? MORE PRIESTHOOD IN THE ARVIN GROUP. You know what that means?? ARVIN BRANCH. You know what that means?? ARVIN STAKE (one day)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are SOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) The Lord has been good to us, for sure!!! I don't know why, but He has!!! I love Him so much!!!! And I love you all so much!!!!! Have a great week!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3

No comments:

Post a Comment