Monday, July 4, 2016

WEEK 32!!! A Good and Crazy Week Again, Like Always, Driving, Driving, Driving, Exchanges, Fires, and "Too Nice of Investigators!!!"

​my face is changing... it's like longer and skinnier.. I look more like Ryan now!

​exchanges in Little Rock with hnas Williamson and Gonzalez!!!

Meagan Martineau

2:37 PM (5 hours ago)

HOLA!!!!!!! 

I am doing well!!! This week has been good!!! A little crazy like always!! We had 2 exchanges this week on the other side of the mission, so I had to do a lot of driving again!!! I'm going to be a pro soon!!! Driving from Arvin, to Lamont, to Bakersfield, to Lancaster, to Palmdale, to...EVERYWHERE!!! We had exchanges with Hnas Williamson and Gonzalez in Palmdale/Little Rock where I was "born" (in the mission). I went with Hna Gonzalez again. Then we had exchanges in Lancaster with Hnas Van der Toolen and Badger. I went with Hna Badger. Both exchanges were super fun!!! I always have so much fun and learn so much on exchanges!!! I just hope the other hnas have fun and learn something too!!! But because of exchanges we didn't have too much time in our area. Last week I didn't really write about our investigators because we weren't sure how "cool" they were or not. We ended up dropping a lot of them this week and some that we found this last week have already been dropped. Like I've said before, it's really easy to find here because everyone is so nice and so willing to listen, but most aren't interested but just pretend to be. Then we'll call them to confirm appointments and they say yes they'll be there, then we bring a member, go to their house, and they're not home or don't answer the door. They are just a little "too" nice and like to lie to please us... So we've had a LOT of that recently so we're not really sure how serious any of our investigators are right now. We'll have to see. :)

So is Maree married now? You said that she was getting married but never told me when!!! And I would like some pictures too!!! And pics of Robyn and her hubby-to-be!!! How's Ryan and Nicole with the baby on the way??? And I didn't tell you President Rees came because I thought you knew!! Dad did and emailed me about it!! :) But no it didn't disrupt anything and it wasn't distracting :) I didn't know the whole family was there too!! I'm glad they liked Arvin!! It really is Mexico!!! And I LOVED the package and everything in it!! don't worry, we are going through it all!!! :) And we're good on everything, not missing anything, so thank you!! I really appreciate it!!! <3

YAY for David!!! I am so happy for him!!! And tell Hailey that her hair is DARLING!!!!!! <3 And I want a pic of the kittens!!! And McFarland is only an Elder's area because it's "too dangerous" for Hnas. But based on what the movie looks like, it's pretty much the same as Arvin!! And that skirt is new, I bought it here for next winter because this last winter I froze cuz I only have summer stuff!! 

And about the fires: I haven't heard much about the one in Lake Isabella, but it's about 20 mins away from me, and the one in Tehachapi was pretty big!! We were in Lancaster when it was burning so we didn't see it, but we had to take the long way back because the road we usually take was burnt up and the mountain is like all black!!!! We can see it from Arvin, it's only a couple miles away and it is BLACK. But the fire is gone. It was just on the mountain. Tehachapi is fine though :) But one of our investigator's husband's farms was burnt and they lost all their animals!! :(

The new mission president is President Layton. I have not met him yet, but I will on Tuesday at MLC (a training meeting for the STLs and zone leaders so we can train our stewardships better). And tell everyone at home HOLA!!!!!! for me!!!!! And Hna White and I get along GREAT!!!! Before when we had some tiffs it was my fault because of my pride of always wanting to be right. I am learning and working on humility, and everything has been really good with her!!! There is a good possibility that we will stay together until she dies (goes home). It just depends on what President Layton wants to do because STLs are STLs for usually 5 transfers but occasionally for 7. Hna White's 5th transfer as an STL will be her last one so she will probably be one until she dies. As for me, it depends if they are going to call another STL companionship. Because if not, we will stay together till she dies, then I will train a new STL and stay an STL for 2 more transfers, but if they decide to call another companionship then we will probably split up to train the new STLs. But we think and hope we'll stay together and in Arvin!!!!!!!!

And why do you want a pic in front of a white wall?? :)

I love you all so so so much!!!!! Thank you so much for everything!!!! You are all amazing!!!! I love my Savior so much and I am eternally grateful for Him!! I love this gospel and I am so grateful and blessed to be a part of it!!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3

No comments:

Post a Comment