Monday, August 8, 2016

WEEK 37!!! I LOVE ARVIN!! I LOVE THE MISSION FIELD!! I LOVE MY SAVIOR!!!

ice cream in Tehachapi <3
​a cute little less active lady from Lamont that is less active due to health problems. We did service for her last week. She is so sweet!! It is the most humble of circumstances you've ever seen <3
And the man is her friend that comes and takes care of her <3

​The members who came to noche de hogar last week (family home evening) We have one every Monday with the group members that want to come :)


All the STLs in the mission at MLC (mission leadership council) last week :) The one normal pic was blurry so there are only these silly ones :)


​the sisters in our zone this last transfer :)

Our Zone :)

​Our district this last transfer




Meagan Martineau

Keep me updated on the Summer Hills!!!! I don't want to lose that!! Other than church camps it's the only place I've ever gone camping!!! <3 And was that activity with the primary? That sounds super fun and adorable!! Tell the color guard congrats for me, and tell Kristy that I love and miss her dearly!!! <3 I'm sorry about your uncle, Mom... I don't know who he is.. but thank goodness for the plan of salvation, right!? :) oh! And could you send me some scripture markers, preferably not those crayon-y ones, but something that won't bleed through the pages? The ones I have now bleed through a little bit and I don't like that.. :) Thanks!! <3 And thanks Dad for the update and for your great example! Thanks to both of you for the scriptures and everything! I love you so much!!!

And transfers...we are both staying!! And all the Hermanas are staying the same except for Hnas Blau and Perry will be training!!! So other than that it's all the same!! I'm happy to stay in Arvin!!!! :D

Everything's been pretty good this week!!! We ran into a lot of crazy people this week... A man in Tehachapi told us ALL ABOUT how the King James Bible tells us MULTIPLE times that we SHOULDN'T get baptized and that we only need to accept Jesus in our heart. He shared a verse in....(my memory is bad) John 3:3? I don't know.. but it said that we need to be born of the Spirit to be saved and he went off ranting about that. He didn't take the liberty to read 2 verses later though that says that salvation only comes through baptism in the name of Christ. Haha!! It was funny!! Then another man told us all about his multiple encounters with God and all the times the aliens took him at night.. It's been a weird week!! But Frida, Adelfo and Griselda came to church again yesterday!!! So that's good!!! Frida's baptismal date was for this weekend, but... that's probably not going to happen. She wants to get her boyfriend involved too, which is good, but he is just so terrible to her and to their kids that I'm not sure I want her to marry him.. But maybe he'll have a change of heart!! We'll see what happens!! And Adelfo and Griselda are just the cutest, humblest, tiniest little people you'd ever meet! I love them so much!! Things are looking up for them :) Hopefully they will get baptized this month!! And the Moreno family....is struggling. Having problems with their dad. They were finally able to make it to church this week but then their dad left the 2 young boys (who stayed home with him) home alone and txted us to tell us that they needed to go back home to watch them.. He is like trying to keep them from church which is weird because he used to be the super active driving force of the family.. We'll see what happens. Lots of prayers going their way!! 

Well that's really all the updates I have this week... Sorry it's kinda short! I just love all the people I am serving with and I love this great opportunity I have to serve the Lord!! I love Arvin!! I love the mission field!! I love my Savior!!! <3

Have a fabulous week!!! I love you so much!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau 

No comments:

Post a Comment