Monday, August 29, 2016

WEEK 40!!! JESSE'S BIG SURGERY, NEW INVESTIGATOR ALBERTO WALKS 1.5 MILES TO CHURCH, AND MARTHA TO THE TEMPLE!!!

​Us and Sister Layton (weird lighting..)

​Exchanges in Lancaster with Hna Badger and Van der Toolen!!!! (you can zoom in and crop it)



When all the missionaries block in another missionary's car so they can't leave on pday, haha!!! (our car is the red one)


Meagan Martineau

3:37 PM (3 hours ago)

HELLO!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to hear that the fair went well!!! I thought I would miss it more, but we have been so busy I've hardly even had time to think that it was fair week!! Which is good I guess!! But I'll get to see it next year so it's all good :) Tell all the kids CONGRATULATIONS for me!!!! <3 :)

And thank you SO MUCH for the package!!! It was AMAZING!!!!! You are too sweet Mom and Dad!!!!  And tell Arlene and the Richardson's a HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! for me!!! I will try to write them both a letter but I am not feeling super well today and I might try to sneak in a 10 minute nap in the computer lab rather than writing so that I can have energy tonight. At the rate I'm at, I don't think I'll make it through the day!! But some how I always have the strength I need!! :) The Lord always works miracles!!! But anyway, I LOVED the package!!! I unpacked all the food but I have not yet had any time to look at any pictures... but either tomorrow morning or Wednesday night I will!!! (We have LOTS of calls and things and exchange things to do at night most nights so..) :) But I loved everything there!!! But I feel bad that you spent so much money, especially on those pens!!! You are the sweetest!! <3 And we're already going through the food :)
Just an FYI I'm not really a fan of cheetos anymore...Idk why!! But Hna White LOVES them so it's all good!!! 
As for Gage, he loves Yorks, Skittles, red creme soda (if there's anyway to get that to him), any pretty much anything else, those are just his favorites. Maybe M'n'Ms or something as well. :) 

Oh side note - I am SO sorry that another $37 was taken from my card.. that was to send Gage's package. I had no idea that it would cost that much!!! That was even the cheap way that will take over a week to send.. Idk why because it wasn't even heavy!! It was a kinda big box cuz that's all I had.. Idk... but I'm sorry!! :(

So Frida is still doing good!! Still coming to church and her kids are even liking and asking to go to church!! Now she just has to talk to social services to figure out what to do with her living situation so that will take some time, but we are still working with her. Jesse goes in for his big surgery on Wednesday to fix his intestines. He got a Priesthood Blessing yesterday by Hno Rodier, the man from Bakersfield who helps with the group every Sunday and baptized Ada, Roberta, and Paloma. Jesse really liked his blessing!! He is so funny and tries to act all "cool" even though he gets really excited about spiritual things. So he just laughs when he feels the spirit and it is hilarious!! After his blessing he chuckled really big and was all smiley, which is cool to see from a tattoo covered ex-gangbanger!!! :) He also came to church again and he is really understanding our message better. He reads the Book of Mormon ALL the time and is really progressing!! And we have a new investigator Alberto who Hermana White found with Hna Gonzalez on exchanges so I've never taught him yet, but he came to church yesterday!!! That was unexpected!! He even WALKED there, about 1.5 miles in the hot sun!!! And the Moreno family came to church again!! They are getting more excited about the church again, especially Juanita, who is 17!!! (That's the family that we found a long time ago with the son Jessie that almost got baptized). So yesterday was a good day at church!!! Also we are working with getting our recent convert Martha Sigala to the temple this Friday!! We are praying hard that she will feel ready to go!!! (She's scared that she'll see dead people come out of the walls, no matter how many times we tell her that won't happen. She's so cute!!)
As for the family of 10...We are no longer teaching them... Some of the kids still read the Book of Mormon and every time we see them in their trailer park they ask us when we're coming to teach them...But the parents are very interested anymore.. Don't really have a desire to go to church... It's sad, but one day those kids WILL be missionaries!! We can just see it!!! They'll get to the baptismal font somehow, someday :) 
We continually find people, but I only write about the ones that keep commitments and look more promising to save time :) We have Stake Conference here on Sept 18 at 10 am in Bakersfield, but beforehand at 8 am someone from the area 70 is coming to meet with our group. ALL the group members have to come, he will speak to us, see how many of us there are and everything, and that basically will determine (as far as we know) if we become a branch or if we have to stop the group and go back to the ward in Bakersfield... So a LOT is riding on the next 3 weeks on us to get people to go to this meeting that morning!!! Investigators, members, less actives, EVERYONE!!! We are a little (very) stressed, but it will all be ok!! The Lord will help us, that's for sure!!! We and the members have worked to hard to dismantle the group!! LOTS of prayers going to Heaven!!! :)

Oh and tell Taryn CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) and I cannot WAIT to hear if I will have a niece or nephew!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PS Mom I will be an aunt regardless of the gender of the child ;) )

I love you all so much!!!!! Thank you for all the love and support you send my way!!!! Thank you for all you do for me continually!!! I love you so much, and I love my Savior with ALL my heart!!! <3
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau <3


No comments:

Post a Comment