Monday, August 1, 2016

WEEK 36!!! SO MUCH TO LEARN ABOUT TEACHING, ABOUT HOW TO BE A MISSIONARY, ABOUT LIFE!!!

​Vallarta <3



​splits with Hna Ocampo :)


​just for you Mom!!



Meagan Martineau

3:17 PM (5 hours ago)

I'm so glad you got to visit with Hna White's family!! She tells me a lot about them!! And she's actually told me those stories before :) (we have been companions for almost 6 months now!!) But I'm not so sure I believe she was shy before her mission!! She is too awesome!!! :)
Tell the kids in the group "HOLA!!!! Les extrano muchisimo!!!" for me!!! And I would like pictures of them at fair time, if you could.. :) I miss the Summer Hills, but that's ok, because they'll always be there!!! We have the pictures you sent me of the old cars hanging on our walls!! :) 

Oh where to begin with the week? I always forget what happened during the week when I sit at the computer!! Well we had mini-exchanges with Hnas Blau and Perry because they are really good Hermanas and we think they are going to train soon, and the Assistants to the President have told us to work closely with them to fine-tune their skills, so we did! I went with Hna Blau this time - for the first time!! It was fun!! She's a fun girl!! We found some new investigators and I learned a lot, like always!! I have SO MUCH to learn about teaching, about how to be a missionary, about life!!! But it's ok, I'm learning :)
And this week has been 110+ ALL WEEK. One day it was 115 all day... Yesterday was the coolest at 104, and it finally cooled down to 98 at night, which was super nice!!! I have been sweating BUCKETS and have had to change my clothes a lot!! ;) And we still do exercise - run - every morning, even in the heat!!! We've only been running a little over a mile a day though, instead of like 2.5 which we were before. It's just too darn hot!!!

To answer questions:
So we went by for our appointment with Frida and she wasn't home, which never happens!! She's always home!! So we thought she was actually moved out - gone. And she doesn't have a phone (or so we thought) so we couldn't contact her... But after lots and lots of praying, finally on Friday night she called us on her boyfriend's dad's phone to tell us she was still at home and to ask why we haven't been over!!! How cool is that!?!? So then we got her a ride to church again and had a lesson with her after church. This was her 3rd Sunday at church!! :D And she says she doesn't ever want to miss a week!!! <3 yesterday in the lesson she was taught the law of chastity (because if she wants to be baptized she'll have to move out of her boyfriend's house) but I actually didn't teach her! We did splits yesterday with 2 ladies in our ward because we had double booked appointments all night!! I went with Hna Ocampo and Hna White with Hna Navarro. They are the 2 members that we consistently eat with every week and are the 2 most active members in the group!! So we took them out!! It was super fun!! but really weird not being with another missionary!!! But the lessons all went really well!! And Hna White said that in the lesson with Frida she told them how much she wants to be baptized she just feels guilty like she needs to repent and that after they explained the law of chastity she understood that that's a big reason for her guilt and she asked how she could change to start living it!!! She is so awesome!!! <3 (now we're just praying that she can move out soon -- we found out too that she does have a phone, she just can't let anyone she lives with know or else her boyfriend will break it :( )

President and Sister Wilson were very professional and kept everything that way, scripted and orderly, everything was perfect from ironed clothes, to sparkling white teeth, to starting meetings on time - to the second just about. And President and Sister Layton are more relaxed and very focused on the spirit. Both are EXCELLENT and I love both of them SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to stay with Hna White!! And I WANT TO STAY IN ARVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want to leave this place!!!!!!!!!!! I think it would be really fun to "kill her" (be her companion when she "dies" (goes home)) especially because she is my mother!!! (my trainer) :) We honestly have no idea what will happen next transfer though, but I think we will stay together :) And the group had about 20 people at church my first Sunday here and now there are about 40ish people. There are a LOT of less actives though!! And speaking of which we found another less active member we didn't know lived here named Fernando so that's good!! He tried to come to church yesterday but couldn't find it :( next week though!!

Fires by us are contained, but they are still burning in Palmdale... Everything is going pretty darn good!! I am happy and healthy!!! Sorry I don't have much more time to finish answering questions, but I'll write you a letter finishing them :) 

I love you so so much!!!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all the love and support!!!! Always remember your Savior Jesus Christ in all things!!!!! <3

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


No comments:

Post a Comment