Tuesday, August 23, 2016

WEEK 39!!! LOVIN LIFE, LOVIN THE WORK, LOVING THE PEOPLE, AND LOVIN THE LORD!!!

Been a long hot week, but I'm still chuggin' along. Or I guess you could say, I''m still "swimming"!!! (in sweat!!! HAHA!!!) :) I'm punny :)

​Me and Hna Zambrano on exchanges!!! 

​Us and Hna Luquette after district meeting. We got pizza :)

We got 3 bags of grapes from people!! I LOVE ARVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

​Some of the things people gave us this week!! (there are a few other bags of grapes I didn't put up there) People are just so giving!!! Yes we got little doll - jewelry holder things from a new investigator!! :)

​Sorry the only one I got of this exchange was blurry.. :)



Meagan Martineau

Aug 22 (1 day ago)

FAIR WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been thinking about you a lot Mom and Dad because of this crazy week you have coming up!!! (well actually I only thought of it yesterday as we pulled up to the Bakersfield church and I heard some lambs baa-ing ;) ) I am glad that other people are helping so you don't have to do it all alone!!! I just remember having to make the sign, clean the grain, shear EVERY SINGLE SHEEP, feed the sheep, washing the sheep, clean the barn, and sheep sheep sheep!!! But I'm glad it's not too burdensome!! Let me know how everyone does and I want pictures!!! And HOLY COW time is going by fast!!!! I NEVER thought I could make it this far honestly!!! At the beginning of my mission and before I left I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to make it very far and would go home early, but here I am, and LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!!!!!!!! I do NOT want to go home early!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Sorry about no pictures :( I'll repent ;)

So answer time: 
Hermana Luquette is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Her Spanish is amazing and she is the cutest, sweetest girl in the world!!!! She asked to take a pic with Hna White and I because she is so appreciative of what we do as STLs!!!!!!!!

We found out this week some things that Frida did in the past that will take longer to repent for... so she will have to wait on baptism but we will still be teaching her and helping her through the repentance process. And who knows, maybe along the way her boyfriend will soften his heart and be ready to be baptized with her when she repents!! :) But she is awesome!! Hasn't missed aSunday! :) And Jessie came to church again!!! He is such a miracle!! He, like Frida, is someone you would never think would want the gospel!! It is amazing the miracles the gospel works in people's lives!!! He is faithfully reading the Book of Mormon every single day!! 

The things I bought in Bakersfield were for Gage's birthday :) That little stinker has sent me 3 small packages now and I have only sent him one small one, so I wanted to get a little more for his birthday!! :) (Also I would appreciate it if you could send him something! You can take some of the stuff you were going to send me (if they're good for guys) and give them to him! I don't really need much or anything! I'm doing good!!!)

It is still pretty hot!! Not scorching like it was, but it's about 100-105 every day and some days it's like 95. It's not as bad, but I seem to be sweating more!!! It's just gross!! :) 


We had 2 exchanges this week, I went with a new Hna, Hna Zambrano and Hna White went with Hna Blau (who is my sister in the mission because we have the same "mom" - Hna White!!!). It was really fun and she's a super cute girl!!! Then we had another one with Hnas Williamson and Gonzalez from Little Rock again, but this time they came to Arvin because they have progressing investigators so that's good!!! It was good to finally have an exchange in our area and get some work done here!! It's always kinda hard on our area the 2nd and 3rd weeks of the transfer because of exchanges because we can't be in our area very much, but "some how" it all works out ;) So it was a pretty good week!!! Tomorrow we have Zone Conference and another exchange coming up in Lancaster so that will be fun!! :) 
I'm lovin life, lovin the work, lovin the people, and loving the Lord!! <3 I love the mission and the things I am learning!!! I just love the people here so much!!!! <3 and I love you all as well!! Thank you for all your support and love towards me!!! <3

Les quiero y amo muchisimo!!!!
Nunca olvidenlo!!!

Amor siempre,
Hermana Martineau :)

No comments:

Post a Comment