Tuesday, January 10, 2017

WEEK 59!!! A BEAUTIFUL TESTIMONY, A ROUGH WEEK, BUT A FRUITFUL ENDING, AND RAIN RAIN RAIN!!!

Last week, Jenny's baptism!!

Down the streets in Bakes!!

Puppies at our new investigator's house! So cute!

What is it with the pepperoni on these frozen pizzas!?

Sewing up Elder Hettinger's pants Sunday morning!


On the streets of Bakes!!


Rain in Bakersfield!!




Meagan Martineau

Jan 9 (1 day ago)

Dear World of People Who Read My Emails,

I just want to let you all know first and foremost how grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't know what on Earth I would do without it! I have always wondered if this church is true, I think everyone does at some point, especially those that grow up with it. I have wondered and even doubted before if it's true or not, but now I can say with a certainty that I KNOW, without a single doubt in my mind that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Christ. I know that it brings blessings. This week literally almost every single person we have talked to in some shape or form is atheist or wonders if God really exists because of all the bad in the world. We talked to a lot of not-so-nice people that shot down our testimonies of God and the true church, but you know what? This week has strengthened my testimony I think more than any other week on my mission. More than any other miracle, tender mercy, or spiritual experience. Why? Because even though this week was a trying week, especially with our faith, I look back and realize that my faith was never shaken. It was hard to face rude rejections, but my chin never lowered. Tears never fell down my cheeks. Because of the experiences I had this week, I know that I know that God is real. I know that Christ lives and is our Redeemer. I know that I know that now because after a life of questioning, 20 years of wondering, I was able to look people square in the face and testify of Christ full-heartedly, doubting nothing. I am eternally grateful for this new perspective of testimony I have. I wouldn't trade it for anything!! Heavenly Father is just the best, isn't He? Now I know that I know He is, and I trust myself when I saw that He is there. I trust Him when He speaks through the prophets from the scriptures saying He is there. I love it. I love this gospel. I love my God. I love my Savior. I love you all <3

This week was pretty slow, in every way, but yesterday it all paid off with a fast :) Yesterday we were able to find 5 new investigators, 3 from a family, and 2 from another family. What a blessing it was!! The 2 is from a young couple with 2 young kids. We met them earlier this week and set up a return appointment for yesterday. And they were there. And expecting us! That NEVER happens!!! The husband Carlos is a wondering Atheist, and the wife Verenice is Catholic but is unsure about the truth. They were both super open and accepted a Book of Mormon willingly. What a blessing that was!! The other family is actually the family of a former investigator that Hna Zambrano and I taught. (Diego - who also is Atheist). We were able to teach his sister and 2 cousins. We have a return appointment for tonight and hopefully we can re-teach Diego and the rest of the family with them! 
It was a rough week, but a fruitful ending :) I am content with that :) And I am grateful for the trials because now I am seeing the blessings <3

And about the weather, it has been VERY rainy for Bakersfield!! It's crazy!! My whole mission it's rained twice, but the last 2-3 weeks it's rained about half of the week!! Everyone is very confused about it here, but I LOVE IT!!! I miss the snow so much and I really wish I could go play in that fluffy white snow back home, but I would NOT rather be home than here right now!! I love you all so much, and I love home, but I know I need to be here. I know I was called by the Lord to serve here at this time, so here I will stay, and wish for something else, I will not. I am so grateful for my mission, I cannot even begin to tell you all!! But anyways, ya, it has rained a lot! It doesn't like pour here or anything, it just sprinkles, but when it sprinkles, it floods!! Because Bakersfield isn't well equipped for rain haha! Yesterday was really warm and kinda rainy! It was up in the 70's like spring!!

As for the question about exchanges, yes I went on exchanges my first 2 transfers :) My first transfer STL's were Hnas Meacham and Aguilar, both of whom are home. My 2nd STL's were Sisters King and Bryan (they were English STL's over us Spanish Hermanas too because there weren't enough Hnas for there to be Hermana Training Leaders), also both of whom are home now :) Before I was an STL I knew that exchanges were to like learn different things from a different companion, and for training, but I didn't really get why that was important. Then after being the leader I understood better why there were leaders to help train and such. Now I really enjoy being the missionary being trained by the STL because I don't have the pressure of being the STL and I can receive better direction from someone who has been entrusted to have me under their stewardship (cuz I need all the help I can get!). And Hna Blau was wonderful!! I love her so much! And she gave me a really good idea of how to do weekly planning more effectively.

I am SO HAPPY to hear updates on the family and that all is well!! It makes me feel so good knowing what everyone's up to!! Also CONGRATS TO RYAN AND NICOLE!!!! I NEED PICTURES!!!! And congrats to Hailey and David for finding friends and being happy!! <3 Also what's Rhett up to?? I like to hear about that rascal too!! ;)

Hnas Arceo and Latimer say that they love you too, so much!! But not as much as I LOVE YOU!!! <3

I hope you all have a wonderful week and that all is well with you all!! <3 Always always remember how much God loves you, and everyone! No matter how hard of times we have or the world goes through, it's for a greater purpose, that we may not understand, but it is all for the best. He truly does love you all more than you can ever comprehend <3

Con mucho amor siempre,
Hermana Martineau :)


No comments:

Post a Comment