Tuesday, January 24, 2017

WEEK 61!!! TRANSFERS AND THE TRIO IS BACK TO A COMPANIONSHIP! A GOOD WEEK!




NOTE:  She did not send any pictures this week because the computer was eating pictures and she did not want to risk losing any. 😔  BUT HERE ARE SOME PICTURES A MEMBER SENT ME DURING THE WEEK!




Meagan Martineau

Jan 23 (1 day ago)

SOY UNA TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He esperado por este dia por anos!!!! Y finalmente vino el dia!!!! 
1000000 congrats to Ryan and Nicole!!!!!!!! I hope all went well and that our little Leo grows healthy and strong!!!!! Congrats to Mom and Dad for finally being grandparents!!! <3 I am just SO EXCITED to meet Leo!!!!! What a blessing, the little addition to our family!!! <3 Thank you for the pictures and please keep them coming!!! <3 

So transfers... not too exciting, we kind of expected this, but Hna Latimer is leaving us :( She is going to East Lancaster and will be training!!! And Hermana Arceo and I will stay here in the wonderful land of South Bakersfield :) Every single Hermana in the mission is training!! Crazy right!? It'll be fun though!!!

It was a good week this week!!! We got to see Carlos and Verenice for a lesson and they invited us to their son's birthday party so we gave him some left over Christmas candy :) They are super fun and cute!! They did not come to church though.. because Carlos was drinking at the party and..woke up late.. :/ but we will teach them the word of wisdom soon enough :) 
As for the other families they had to cancel appointments for various reasons, but that's missionary life! Hopefully this week we can pop in on them and see how they're doing!! We had a good last week together!!! We found another family from a potential we found last week!! Again, their appointment cancelled.. We also found a lady named Maria who was taught a few years ago by missionaries and then she moved here and hasn't had contact!! She already believes in the restoration, the Book of Mormon and everything!! She VERY happily accepted a baptismal date for Feb 18!!! She expressed her sincere desire to quit smoking and how meeting us was the sign she needed to try and quit again!! She said she'd be at church on Sunday but she wasn't, then wasn't there for our appointment after church.. but maybe something just came up!! It was such a miracle how we found her!! 
Also we found out that last week a POTENTIAL investigator of our went to church!!!! We only talked to him once and he said that he'd go to church. But everyone says that so we didn't think anything of it!! Then the Elders told us after church that some guy named Jose came and pointed to me and said he knew me. Well there's another Jose that I know that's been coming to church but he's being taught by the English Elders (it's a long story) so I thought they were talking about him! Then we decided to go by our potential Jose again and he told us he went to church and liked it!!! We were so shocked!!! He would have come this week too but he got his wisdom teeth taken out and has been in bed. Sometime this week we will go by and teach him and make him an investigator!! What a HUGE miracle that was!!!!
It has been raining SO MUCH here in Bakersfield!!! There were entire days where it just rained and rained and we were on foot all day!!! It was SO FUN!!!!! I LOVE rain and stormy weather so much and it just made me so happy and have so much fun talking to people!!! It really opened people's hearts seeing us out and about even in the rain!! It has been SO PRETTY too!!!! Normally the sky is brown with dirt and pollution here and a lot of times you can't even hardly see the mountains. (It's like if there was so much smog that you couldn't see the mountains from our house. That's how bad the air is here!) But it's been raining so much that all the pollution got rained down and is in the ground now! Not good, but it sure is prettier!! We can clearly see the mountains and there's GREEN on them!!! I have not seen a green mountain my whole mission!! That's how much it's been raining!! It's awesome!!! 
But that's about all for the updates this week!!! I am happy, loving life, and doing well!! I am so grateful for this time I have to serve my Father in Heaven. I feel very proud to carry Christ's name on my chest. I only get that for 4 short more months! :/ I am excited to go home, of course, but I really will miss the mission!! I just want to work my whole heart and soul out these last few months!! I have been thinking about home a lot the last 2 weeks, but it hasn't been so much homesickness. It's more that I want to go home and do member missionary work, I want to go to college and be actively participating in FHE, institute, etc. That excites me! But I know I'll have years of that and I only have this time now as a full-time missionary and servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. I hope I can make the most of it! It truly is the best 2 years (18 months) and I know it'll only get better from here :) 
I love you all so much!! I hope you have a great week!! Say hi to Leo for me and that his Tia loves him so so much <3 LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
Hermanita Martineau <3




No comments:

Post a Comment