Monday, January 2, 2017

WEEK 57!!! TEMPLE DAY!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND SKYPE!!! MY WEEK....PACKED, MIRACLE-FILLED, SPIRITUAL, AND FUN!!!

CHRISTMAS DAY!!!
The Buena Vista District!! We have a sign!!!

Christmas Eve!!!




First time eating Wendy's in over a year!! I never thought I'd actually miss it!!

Temple Day!!!

Dream Team at the Los Angeles Temple

I Love to See the Temple!



The Dream Team and Sister Layton!!!

Morningside!!!

Got to see Hermana Zambrano at the Temple!!

Hermanas Martineau, Zambrano, and Badger!!!

All the Hermanas at the Morningside!! This is all of us in the mission, minus 2 on the other side of the mission!! We are an endangered species!!

SKYPING!!!

MORNINGSIDE!!!
Sister Killion who we skyped with!!

Hermana Latimer and her Twin Sister, Hermana Latimer!!!







Meagan Martineau

12/26/16 (7 days ago)

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

It was so good to talk to you all yesterday!! What a blessing that the skype went smooth and that we could all talk and see each other!! Isn't Heavenly Father the best!?

So this week was CRAZY!!! I'll do a list to make it a little easier this week:
lunes: was not Pday, so we still worked, but we still had to email and buy groceries, which was odd! Then we had district meeting Monday night!! It used to be Friday mornings, but starting last week it's Monday night at 6pm! So that was WEIRD!!

martes: Pday and TEMPLE DAY!!! We got up early and met at a member's house at 6:15am, grabbed some hot chocolate, then went to Los Angeles to enter the house of the Lord. What an incredible day it was!! When we got back we had a lesson with our new investigator Rosa who we found last week, then we found 4 new investigators!! We had a lesson with a potential investigator who became an investigator, then we were heading to try another potential at night time and met a family outside instead and they invited us right in and we taught them! It was a day lleno de milagros!!!

miercoles: Had a lesson with Jenny and one with the family we found on Tue. and they are already progressing! What a miracle and blessing to have been in the right place at the right time to find this wonderful family!!

jueves: Had another lesson with Rosa which went pretty well! And saw Jenny again :) I love that girl!!

viernes: Christmas Morningside where we watched "It's a Wonderful Life", had a little breakfast, then had a fun gift exchange thing! It was with the north half of the mission, and all the Hermanas in the mission except one companionship are on this side of the mission so I got to see most of them! It was so fun! And President and Sister Layton spoke, there were some musical numbers, then a slide show of pictures of us missionaries about how we are like the shepherds from the Christmas story and we are called to spread the news and testify of Christ in this part of the world :) It was AWESOME!!

sabado: NOCHE BUENA!! We visited some members and less actives and talked to people on the way and found a referral for us and one to send off to other missionaries! That was cool!! Then we had dinner at our bishop's house with the other Hermanas in our district, Hnas Wright and Perry, then went to dinner #2 with our investigator Jenny and her family! It was so much fun!! Her family went from hating missionaries a few weeks ago to inviting us to Christmas Eve dinner with them!! It was incredible!! Also, Jenny is getting baptized next week!! <3

domingo: NAVIDAD!!! Got up at 6:30am sharp, made hot chocolate, and opened Christmas presents! It was so much fun!! It felt just like a normal Christmas morning!! Then we went to studies, went to church, then went to lunch with a member and skyped!! Then went to dinner with another member, then after dinner we went caroling to a less active/part-member family we've been working with, then our district went Christmas caroling the last hour of the night! It was so much fun!! People were so surprised that people still carol and it was fun because we were able to see some hard hearts soften :) I really felt like the Christ was in CHRISTmas this year <3

So that was my week!! It was pretty packed, miracle-filled, spiritual, and fun!! It was a great week and it made it even better so see your faces!! I do miss you all so much, but Heavenly Father is helping me to not be homesick. I was reflecting on that trip I took to Europe by myself before my mission and about how it was only for 2 weeks and I was so homesick the whole time. Now I have been away for 13 months and sliding on by. I know I could not do this without the Lord's help. I am so grateful for all the incredible blessings I always see in my life <3 I don't know why I am so lucky and blessed as to have the gospel AND an incredible family and friends AND be able to serve in the best mission in the world!! I know that this gospel is true. I would not have this much joy in this work if it wasn't true. I know it is and though this is one of the hardest times of my life, it is the most joyous yet. I can't wait to see what the next 5 months have to offer. And I cannot thank you all enough for your testimonies you sent me. They mean the world to me and I will treasure them forever. I love you all so much!! Have a great week!! <3

AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT

con mucho amor,
Hermanita Martineau

PS: Hermanas Arceo and Latimer say hi, they love you, and they are so grateful for all the gifts!!
PPS: I really truly loved the testimonies SO MUCH!! They were all so heartfelt and sincere :)
PPPS: Did you make that book or did someone else? Did all the other missionaries in it get a copy? Did you send my testimony to Gage? :) 
PPPPS: LES QUIERO!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment