Tuesday, January 31, 2017

WEEK 62!!! ANOTHER BAPTISM ON THE HORIZON!

Hermana Martineau did not send any pictures again this week due to a virus on the computer that eats pictures, so I decided to put pictures with each of her companions and areas! Enjoy!


Hermana Wilde and Hermana Martineau - Mexico CCM



Hermana White and Hermana Martineau - Palmdale/Little Rock


Hermana Martineau and Hermana Pincock - La Cresta 2/5


Hermana Martineau and Hermana White - Arvin/STL's


Hermana Martineau and Hermana Zambrano - Buena Vista


Hermanas Martineau, Arceo, and Latimer - Buena Vista




Meagan Martineau

Answers to questions first so I don't forget this time ;)

--The things I meant are chocolate bars, but those were pretty much the same thing, just a little different!! I love them and it was wonderful! They are a brand new thing :)
--The missionary broadcast was amazing as every mission meeting!!! They showed a lot of clips from the broadcast from last year, which was kind of fun!! So I'm sure you know what the changes are, how we just have to be done with things by a certain time, but that's really the only rule with it! This week has been very weird trying to experiment with it! We've tried doing the studies in the morning like usual, but starting later than normal because of the timing they want things now, and we've tried going out in the mornings and coming back for studies. We've decided that it's best to keep studies in the morning then go out and work. It's nice because we have more time to do things in the morning and at night so we can actually get things done that we need to! And that has helped a lot with homesickness because little tasks and things I have to do that used to occupy my mind I now have time for! Then I'm not as stressed and don't long for normal life any more!! It has been amazing! Truly inspired! 
--I have thought about extending and I would LOVE to be a missionary longer, but I have also thought that it might be a little harder on me to extend because I would just be more anxious to see you all. I LOVE missionary work and I am SO GRATEFUL for this time I have here and I am so grateful for all that I have learned and am learning!! But I think there's a reason why sisters only serve for 18 months, because this sister misses her family!! :) Also the mission has been very physically demanding on me, especially lately and it would be nice to work hard till time's up, then get some needed chiropractic help :) But I'm really fine, no need to worry at all, I just think my body can handle 18 months :) 
--I would love a list of class I can take! Thank you so much for working this out for me Mom! You could either send it in the mail, or email, either way and I will think about it and let you know! I still have ZERO idea of what I want to do. NADA... and it won't distract me. I have been just fine :) The Lord has helped me a TON!!
--Yes the rain died down :) I am really sad I am missing the crazy weather in Utah!! I LOVE crazy weather like that!! But hey, I'd rather be in Bakersfield right now, it's the best place on earth!! (well, and Arvin ;) ) (and the font didn't get smaller.. :p )

--I love Hermana Ruiz!! She's been feeding us quite a bit lately! She is such a cutey!! Her son is on a mission in Belgium right now!! Tell her HOLA for me (even though we'll probably see her on Wednesday for dinner :) )
--I hope you get feeling better Dad!! I hope you know my thoughts, prayers, and love are with you always!! You too Mom!!
--I want pictures of little Leo!!! Por favor!!! :)
--That is crazy about the ward!! Kinda sad, but for a reason :)
--Hermana Arceo is doing really well!! Getting a better hang of things I think!! The language is still pretty rough but we're working on it!!

So this week was pretty darn good!! I think I mentioned Elisabeth before but just in case I didn't, she is the sister of our former investigator Diego. She is like the rock for her family and has really been wanting to go to church but hasn't liked any churches she's been to before. We've been teaching her for about 2 weeks, and this week we finally set her for a baptismal date for Feb 18!! And it was all set up for her and her other brother Miguel to go to church with Connie (the member that took us to the temple). But then... their family decided to go out of town at 3 in the morning... so she can't get baptized on the 18th because she needs to go to church 3 times... maybe the 25th though!! We are really excited for her!! And we hadn't seen Carlos and Verenice all week!! They didn't make it to church the last two weeks because they keep going to family parties then sleeping in late! :/ but we popped in on them after church yesterday and when we walked in they said (in Spanish of course) "Oh, did you come to get after us for not coming to church..." So they feel bad, which is a good sign!! And they still want to work towards baptism!!
And we were able to teach Jose this week, the guy that went to church 2 weeks ago! He said he was coming to church again but he didn't... I guess we'll see what happens!! 
But it's been a good week!! A little lonely back down to 2, but not too quiet though, we laugh a lot!! Hna. Arceo is so funny!! I love her so much!!! 

I love you all so much!!! Thank you for your prayers and for the updates!!! I just wanted to close by saying that I am reading the Book of Mormon again with the intention to finish before I go home. I am reading it and marking it specific to what I learn about virtue and humility, trusting in God. I am only on 1 Nephi 10 but holy moly, I have learned SO MUCH!!! I invite you all to do the same. Grab a fresh copy of the Book of Mormon and read it with a purpose - whether to learn patience or faith or doctrine of Christ, whatever! I know that it brings miracles because I did it once before on my mission and it was the biggest testimony builder I've ever had. I am excited to see how my testimony grows this time around!! I love you all so much!! I hope you all have a fabulous week!! Stay strong and remember your Savior!!!

Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau :)

PS "None were with Him" by Jefferey R. Holland, April 2009 is an EXCELLENT talk. Highly recommended :)






No comments:

Post a Comment