Monday, February 1, 2016

IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meagan Martineau

1:45 PM (7 hours ago)

I'm so glad to hear about everyone and that everyone is doing well! I hope you all continue to do well!! There are many prayers in your direction every day!! To answer some of your questions now before I forget: I am in the Little Rock Branch, it's not a ward. I think those are just the English wards that it shows on the map, but I am in the same area as people in the Palmdale ward, but I'm Spanish speaking so I am in the branch, not in the ward. And time goes by really slow but really fast at the same time. It feels like I have been here forever and it's hard to think that there was actually life before my mission, it just feels like I have been here so long that that never happened, but at the same time I remember the day I flew to Mexico like it was just 2 weeks ago!! It has been crazy!! It's crazy to think of it like this: I have been out for a little over 2 months, which means I'm more than 1/9 of the way through, and in just a couple weeks I will be 1/6 of the way through!! That's crazy to think! I am kind of glad that it has been going by fast because it has been really hard, but at the same time I feel like it's going by so fast I'm not getting anything done!
Oh and it's Hermana White's birthday on Wednesday, February 3, so you should send a letter or a package or something for her! You can take money from my account to pay for it if you want! She likes chocolate especially Reese's and she likes those carmel/green apple suckers. Thank you!! And because you're going to ask, she is turning 20. 
Thank you for the update on color guard! I actually did hear before I left that they were doing a dark show, which is sad but what can you do? And actually I have been really missing color guard and my flag!! Every morning when we exercise I just keep thinking "I really just want to do color guard for exercise!!!" I am tempted to have you somehow mail me my flag!! I miss it so much!! 
Oh and you wanna know something exciting that happened yesterday?
IT SNOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that it snowed!!!!!!!!! It didn't snow much or for very long, but it still snowed!!!! It was so wonderful!!!! Except it was really cold, but it wasn't too bad until we were stuck talking to this guy at his doorstep for 30 minutes while the wind was almost blowing us over (it was almost tornado-bad wind) and it was snowing/raining and he was telling all about what we believe in (which was all wrong btw, but he obviously just isn't ready for the gospel yet because he is VERY close minding to accept the fact that Joseph Smith was a prophet, not some guy that we worship or pray to. Anyway, ya  that's my exciting news!!!
Update on some of our investigators: Sully still hasn't come to church and we weren't able to meet with her last week because she wasn't home the days we were in Little Rock :( (We only go to Little Rock 3 days a week and are in Palmdale 4 days of the week) We had to drop Juan because he didn't come to church but he said he still wanted to learn, so I am just praying that one day he'll have the courage and faith to come to church so that we can teach him again!! So miracle of the week: We were knocking some doors because our appointment cancelled and we knocked on this door and a lady opened the door crying and said she needed a hug. She was going through a really hard time with her son and with her ex-husband and missionaries knocked on her door 29 years ago when she was going through a really hard time and sang her a song and she remembered the tune after all those years, so when we knocked on her door, again when she was having a really hard time, she asked us to sing that song for her. She hummed the tune so we could figure out what it was, and it was "How Great Thou Art" or in Spanish, "Grande Eres Tu." She just cried while we sang and the spirit was so strong!! Her name is Angela Torrez. 
Anyway, I am out of time again. And I don't have any pictures to send because my camera stopped working and won't turn on or charge. :(
Oh and what I want in my package: LETTERS AND PICTURES :) Thank you :)

I love you all so much!! Thank you for all that you have done for me!! You are all wonderful!!
Amor siempre,
Hermana Martineau


                                                 Hermana White and I from our hike last week.
                                                                         Hike!
                        Me sitting on the edge of a rock at the top of a mountain. Yes, that is snow at the top.                                                                No, we didn't go high enough to touch it.
                           Hermana White took a picture of me giving a card to a guy at the car wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment