Monday, February 29, 2016

WEEK 14!!! LOTS OF WORK TO DO!!!

Meagan Martineau

2:07 PM (3 hours ago)

Here we go with a bunch of answers to a bunch of questions: (for whoever else reads this, just ask my mom what the questions were so it makes more sense :) )
1) In the Little Rock branch I was the ONLY one who played piano so I played in sacrament and in Relief Society every week! Here they have someone from the English ward play in sacrament meeting but I still play in Relief Society, and I play at every district meeting and every other zone meeting because not many people play the piano here!!
2) I was outside talking to a lady during the earthquake and I didn't feel anything :( but we visited a less-active that night and she was cleaning glass off her floor because it was so big it knocked her china down!! But we didn't feel anything! :)
3) I am still an all-Spanish all the time missionary. There is no "zebra work" in this mission. "Zebra work" is when you're a Spanish missionary that teaches in English too. We don't do that, thank goodness :) So I only teach in Spanish and there are a LOT of Latinos here!! They're NOT hard to find!! :) It is a little hard to understand some people sometimes though, because there are people from Mexico, Guatemala, Hondurus (however you spell it), Dominican Republic, El Salvador, and other places!! So the Spanish is slightly different from person to person, so it is a little confusing at times, but my Spanish is DEFINITELY improving!! :)
4) I can print them out here. I email at the church here, and in Palm Dale I emailed at the stake center that was right by our apartment complex.
5) I do know Elder Wahlquist!! He is in my district here in La Cresta!!
6) La Cresta is a Spanish ward. It's a small ward, but a ward.
7) Hermana Pincock has been feeling better - not sick in the mornings - but she is "sooooo tired" so after she gets up at 6:30 and says her prayers, she lays on the couch and falls asleep until comp study. We have done comp study twice this week, so that is an improvement, and today she was awake during personal study for the first time! But she didn't study, she just wrote in her last companion's transfer journal. I am not saying this to brag, but I honestly think my Spanish is just as good as hers, and she has been out for 10  months now! But she never does language study and apparently never did with her last companions either... It has been hard, but I just study by myself. In the morning it's fine, but at night when we do my first 12 weeks training study, she never studies and I do it by myself and that's hard. But it's ok. It's getting a little better.

So this week was exciting!! Apparently the California Bakersfield Mission was the most disobedient mission in the world a few years ago, and now it's like the 3rd or 4th most... A bunch of missionaries have been sent home lately for "chronic disobedience, aka wickedness" -President Wilson. And the district leader here in La Cresta was one who got sent home and so the elder that was with him got put in a trio in Lamont, and we were given their area. So we had La Cresta 2, and now we gained La Cresta 4 as well... And the La Cresta 4 area book literally has not been updated in over a year except for a few new investigators that were found and dropped, but they don't have drop notes so we don't know when anyone was dropped, why they were dropped, who the investigators there even are, or anything!!! Basically we're just starting all over, and we're whitewashing, which is hard because we are already whitewashing La Cresta 2!! So basically this is a repeat of what happened last transfer, but slightly worse because in Little Rock we at least had a list of names of people (even though we didn't know who were investigators vs potentials). So it has been a little stressful, but I have been fine, not too stressed or anything. But Hermana Pincock keeps saying that she is SUPER stressed... She acts fine but says that she's stressed to the point of exploding so I am a little hesitant to say or do certain things. That is the only reason why I haven't said anything about studying, because she has a temper. I don't know. She had an interview with President Wilson today because the zone leaders told him that she was stressed and he talked to her about her stress and hopefully she got some good tips to help calm her down :) I don't really know what to do for her, but I can always pray!! :)

I love you so much Mom and Dad!! You are so great!! I cannot thank you enough for everything!! :) You have a letter coming your way!!! I love you so much!! I will try to get pictures next week... Sorry, there's just not much time for pictures!! I will try to be better about that!! I love you and miss you!! Always remember the Lord in everything you do!! I love you!!
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


No pictures this week. Boo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment