Monday, February 22, 2016

WEEK 13!!! New Area. New Companion. New Desk.

Week 13! New Area. New Companion.


Meagan Martineau

12:43 PM (7 hours ago)

I'm just going to try and answer all the questions at the beginning so here we go:
There is only one Hermana Pincock in the mission and she is my companion. (There are only 12 Hermana missionaries in the WHOLE MISSION of like 200 missionaries!!!) She has been out for 9 and a half months and she is great!! She has been REALLY nervous about training me, even though it is just backup training because she has always been with really experienced missionaries that always take the initiative to talk to people, so it has been really hard for her to work with a greenie ;) But I have been trying to be good for her and step out of my comfort zone more than I already am and take the lead in awkward situations because she is still learning in situations like that, so we are learning together :) It is good though, because it is getting us both to talk more when the other doesn't know what to say. It has taken a LOT of faith and trust in the Lord to open my mouth and say something when I have absolutely NO idea where to go from there, but it always ends up working out :) The Lord always keeps His promises, and He promises that if we open our mouths they will be filled, and it is SO TRUE!! Man, He is just great!! Le amo con todo mi corazon!! <3 
Her Spanish is good, it's like in between Hermana White's and my Spanish level. I have improved so much (not to be boastful, simply to state progress) in Spanish and I can say just about everything that my companion can say now, even though it is still rough. The gift of tongue is real!!! Even though there are some people I just CANNOT understand!! :) It'll come though :) My new area is La Cresta 2. Hermana Badger is in Arvin, and it's part of the La Cresta ward, but they formed their own branch down in Arvin, so she goes to church there, but we have correlation together and she is in my district. And La Cresta is a Spanish ward. I am on the east side of Bakersfield. Everyone says how dangerous it is all the time, but we never see anything scary or anything, so I dunno! The Lord is watching out for us, for sure :) It is a lot more Urban than Little Rock (Little Rock was all dirt roads with giant plants growing in the middle of the road) but everyone says it's ghetto...Compared to Tremonton it is a very large city!!! It's pretty nice!! And there are more English people here :( There's a lot of pollution here, but I like it. It is still weird adjusting to everything though! And I only know a few people and all of them I only know because I met them here :) I didn't know anyone before I came here, so basically it's like starting fresh all over again, everything is new again!! The work here seems a lot slower than my last area. In Palmdale/Little Rock we were finding in the low 30's new investigators every week, but this last week we got a lot of "Good jobs!!" for finding only 10 which apparently is a LOT here!! And we have 18 investigators (they left us with 8 to start). We have only met 3 of them so far though because we could catch any home, but 2 of them are pretty serious and getting close to baptism!! One is a 15 year old girl named Lizet who has been taught a lot of the lessons (we still have a few commandments to teach, and then lesson 5) and then she is good to go! She apparently goes to mutual every week but has only been to church once. She didn't come yesterday because her uncle got shot in Mexico and so she stayed home consoling her mom... And the other one is Reina, and I don't really know much about her but she's like in her 40's.
So ya, the work is a LOT different here and it has been kind of hard just because I feel like I'm not doing anything because we don't talk to as many people here. Hermana Pincock doesn't like to go and talk to random people (that's probably why no one finds here). It has also been kind of hard because she doesn't like to be obedient all the time... Today was the first day that we did companionship study because every other day she went back to bed after "exercising" (meaning, she would sit on the floor and "stretch" for 10 minutes, then go to bed). So it has been kind of hard because I have been planning lessons alone and everything. Granted, she hasn't been feeling very well. We get along perfectly fine, though. Today was better because I got the nerve to wake her up and do our studies :) Blessings come from exact obedience!! On the days where I am exactly obedient I am less tired, have more energy and am happier!! The Lord truly does bless us in obedience!!! 
So ya, that was my week. Nothing incredibly exciting happened, or even relatively exciting at all. It has been hard, but it will get better!! I'm keeping my Spirits high!!!
I love you so much!!! Thank you for all that you do for me!!! 
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau 



​My desk.
                                        Please send to Ryan and Nicole for the hearts,
                                        Aunt Kathryn for the figurine on the left
                                        And yes that is the penny you gave me mom :)

​What I do during language study when my companion is sleeping... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment