Monday, February 15, 2016

WEEK 12! 5 Empty Boxes and Saying Goodbye!!!

February 15, 2016

Meagan Martineau

1:24 PM (4 hours ago)

Mom, thank you so much for everything you said!! It helped so much!! I am SOO happy to hear about the family!!! I am crying of joy right now because it sounds like you are all doing so well!! To me, that means everything!!! Tell David I am proud of him and love him, tell Hailey and Rhett HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! and congrats on the calling!!! And tell Ryan and Nicole that I am so happy for them and all the good they are doing!! And for you and Dad, I love you SO much!!!! Thank you so much for everything!!
And to answer your question about the companion thing, it is all ok, and it was never anything serious. Just sometimes I would feel like she wasn't listening to me or really cared too much, but she does. She really is sweet, I just didn't see that because of my pride. And it was just hard because we have SO many investigators that on planning day we spend the ENTIRE 4 hours planning for them and we never even finish planning all the way or have time for companionship inventory because we're only supposed to plan for 4 hours on planning day. So we never did companionship inventory so we never really talked about things like that, but then we did one on a random day and got all our problems worked out, and it's all good!! I'm actually really sad to be leaving her!!! :( We just found outSaturday night what was happening with us during transfers..... Everyone is staying except for the 2 missionaries going home, AND ME!!! I've only been here for one transfer and they're already taking me out of the area!! :( I'm really sad to leave Palmdale/Little Rock area, but it will be ok. I've heard that they area I am going to is awesome, so I have high hopes!!! I am going to be serving in La Cresta, it's up by Bakersfield. My new companion will be Hermana Pincock. I have met her before just in passing, but I really don't know anything about her. It'll be interesting to see what happens, especially because she wasn't in La Cresta before either, so both of us will be new to the area and not know what's going on!! They don't usually do that!! 

So exciting thing of the week: We sat in an hour long Catholic prayer and taught the restoration to 15 die-hard Catholics all at the same time!! So what happened, we were in a trailer park and we saw some people outside and we started talking to them and they were trying to get rid of us, but we NEVER GIVE OUTS!! We always share our message no matter how brief and no matter how rude people are!! We always share!! So we kept talking, then they invited us inside for a prayer. There were 15 people in this tiny trailer, plus us, and it ended up being an hour long recited Catholic prayer with candles, guitars, singing, posters of Saint Guadalupe, shouting "Oh Santa Maria!!" over and over... the whole 9 yards!!! But at the end we asked if we could share a message at the end and they said yes. We taught the restoration, then they gave us dinner and dessert!! We kept talking to them and sent off 3 referrals (because they weren't in our area) and made one of them an investigator, and 2 of them were our current investigators and we got a return appointment with them!!! It was really awesome!! And they were really nice!! That experience was proof that if you kill people with kindness and share the gospel with boldness and love, hearts change!! It was truly a miracle!! We experience people having a change of heart every day as we share the message of the restoration! It is really incredible!! Not every one is serious later, but you know that at least in that moment they felt the spirit. We face a lot of rejection, but the tiny miracles WAY supersede the rejections!! 

I am so happy to be here and to be doing this work!! It is hard, of course, but why should I or anyone expect it to be easy?? We are representatives of Christ. Did Christ ever have it easy?? NO!! So why would it be easy for us?? But through Christ and His life and example we can have so much comfort and support!! He truly does know us and love us!! I testify that that is true!! He loves each and every one of you personally and individually!!! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ!!! I love Him so much!! And I love you all so much!!!
KEEP THE FAITH!!!
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau


​5 empty boxes of Books of Mormon because we gave them all out!!!

​Amo este libro con todo mi corazon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment