Monday, February 8, 2016

WEEK 11 AND PIE IN THE FACE!!!


Meagan Martineau

2:24 PM (7 hours ago)

It's so good to hear about all the good things going on at home!! I am so happy to hear that everything is going well!!
I am doing well!! This week has been pretty darn adventurous!!! A lot of funny things have happened this week!! I will explain later. Spanish is definitely coming along!! Every once in a while when we are talking to someone in English I will accidentally say some words in Spanish! Especially in prayers!! Praying in English is hard!! But it's good!! And no I can't believe that soon I won't be the new missionary!! I still am new!! AHH!!
So exciting things this week: The zone leaders smashed cake in my face... Hna White and I had a competition with them to see who could find 40 people in one week. The losing companionship got cake in the face. We found 25, they found 40. We got cake in our faces. It was so funny though!! And sticky... :) Another thing: we met a lot of really rude people that were so rude it was funny!! We just would go back to the car and laugh about how obviously rude they were! But it is really sad, because we teach them the entire restoration and they don't change, they don't feel anything, and they don't want what we have (at least they think they don't). It is really sad, but when you do find people that will listen and seem interested it is so worth it!! We have seen so many cool experiences about people just absolutely changing after we share the first vision and then accept out message. It is true a miracle, and we get to see that every day!! The first vision has so much power!
Another exciting thing that happened: We got attacked by dogs yesterday. We're fine, no blood or anything, it was just really scary! We were just going to see one of our investigators and we open the gate to go to their house and 4 giant dogs come running and biting at us!! Hna White was trying to open the gate while I faught them off with my bag!! Then the lady came out and was not as nice as she could have been and said "ya, you shouldn't come in here, they bite." And we said "Ya, we just figured that out :)" Then she said "Ok, well I have to go feed dinner to my kids." (it was 3 in the afternoon and her kids were running around outside). We taught her the restoration and testified and all she said was "that's great, now I have to go feed my kids." and walked away... It was really sad. I hope one day she will accept the message. And not have dogs that bite innocent missionaries.
So ya! It was an exciting week!! Hermana White and I are getting along better now. We were never fighting or never really didn't get along, but I just felt so inferior to her and felt like everything I did was wrong. But we have both been improving our attitudes and we have been getting along really well and laughing together a lot :) She actually wanted to take a picture with me today, which she normally doesn't do - she just takes selfies. So we are starting to be good friends :) I have definitely been humbled and have an awful lot more humbling and repenting to do, but I am getting better. I have noticed changes in myself and at least I hope they're for the better :) 
And tell everyone that commented on facebook thank you :) And thank you for sending those to me :)
I love you so much Mom, Dad, David, Ryan, Hailey, Nicole, Rhett, and EVERYONE!!! Thank you so much for being there for me and being such great support for me :) I really appreciate all that you do for me. I really want you all to know that I KNOW my Savior lives. I know that He loves each and every one of us personally. I can feel that love He has for everyone stronger every day as I testify to random people on the street that He knows them personally and loves them. I can feel that love He has for them as I testify of it to them. It is really a special thing. Sharing the gospel is really a special thing. It is scary and awkward sometimes, but it is more than worth it. So I challenge all of you, my family, and whoever else my mom sends these letters to to share your testimony with someone, in person. It can even be as brief as "I know Jesus Christ loves you." But share it with someone, anyone, and I promise you that you will feel the Savior's love for you when you do that. And I look forward to emails next week about how that went for everyone ;) 
I love you all so much!! You are all wonderful!! Keep the faith and always remember the Lord!!
Love siempre,
Hermana Martineau

P.S.

My Spanish is coming along!! I can see the improvement, for sure. It is definitely still rough and there is still SO much I don't know, but I have learned A LOT and I say "um" a lot less when we share the message of the restoration! I'm trying to continue to expand my vocabulary. I don't want to get stuck in the rut of only knowing the "missionary vocab." But it is coming along. President Rees' promise has come true. Even though it's not perfect, I can get my point across, and even though I don't understand everything, I understand the general point that they are getting at so I can come up with a semi-intelligible response. The Lord has certainly blessed me and I pray for the gift of tongues every day!!  Oh! and Hermana White absolutely loved her birthday present!!!! It's all her favorite stuff! and thanks for the letter! You are so generous, Mom!! And a  great role model!! I love you!!



 Our Zone :)

 Delicious!!!
                                                       


​Hermana White and I, taken just this morning :)
                                   


 Cake in our faces....
                                                 


Picture from exchanges two weeks ago. I was companions with the girl in the pink sweater.

                                                                
                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment